Question about safe storage in OOO

Myssu

Hi there,

After doing some basic google research, I remain confused on the subject of which storage is "safe" (ie: wont get cleaned out) in OOO. Specifically I'm referring to the chests you can find in guilds, and in Cloud Ruler Temple.

In these places there are 2 seperate chests... "Guild Storage" and "Storage Chest". Guild Storage comes with a bunch of free stuff for guild members, whereas Storage Chest is empty. Now logically speaking, both the name and the emptiness would seem to suggest that Storage Chest is the safe one, intended for player use. This is further given weight because iirc, goodie-dispensing Guild chests in Morrowind would restock periodically, making them a very UNsafe place to store items (assuming they do the same in Oblivion). What throws this theory off slightly is that the Guild Storage container also contains a note telling me to store my items in this container (Guild Storage) or risk them being thrown out.

Having checked the patch notes and googled for any reference to this issue (and also done a brief search on this forum), all I have turned up is 2 sets of OOO patch notes, which seem to use the containers interchangably. I apologise if I have missed something obvious, or if this is common knowledge. I live in mortal terror that I will return some day to find all my stuff gone :)

Succinctly put, my question is: Using OOO, which container is safe for storage; Guild Storage, Storage Chest or both?

Thanks in advance.

When in doubt I always throw three cheap arrows in the box and then don't return for at least four days. I find lots of 'free storage' alongside the roads that way (mark them with an item sitting on top so I'll know).

If needs be (With permission from the author, of course) you could open the mod in the CS and check whether it respawns or make it so that it doesn't, but make sure you get permission from the author first although I doubt he would mind.

Would permission be required if it's not ever released to the public?

I doubt it, but you never know. And it's always better to be safe than sorry. :whistling:

One of the features of RefScope is that when the hotkey is held down safe containers glow green and unsafe red. Very handy in-game.

Really now? That is COOL. Downloading. Thank you. (I always used formid finder.....)

FormID finder can also detect if the container is safe or not.

FormID finder can also detect if the container is safe or not.

I use both since I find both have different strengths. FormID displays NPC information better without having to click through multiple dialogs. RefScope is more convenient for showing whether a container is safe.