ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

HELP! Sanctuary is under attack

tomomi1922

Sorry for being a tad dramatic ... but my worst fear is here. I read enough of those settlement under attacks that if I fail I may lead to loss of settlement or settlers. And that is my worst nightmare because I spent time crafting weapons and armor for these guys and gals.

Just now I got a message (and a quest) saying Sanctuary is under attack. I come back .... nothing is happening. But the quest is sill active. What do I do? What are the consequences if I fail? Is it time based? Because now I am afraid to go back out to do other quests. In fact, is there any quest time

Also, I thought all are essentials, what damage could they have done to my settlements? Yes I can repair a broken turret if it comes to that.

Edited by tomomi1922

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be glad you even noticed the message. It can be easy to miss if it pops up at a time when your attention is on blasting bad guys. Then, unless you notice it in your quests list, you may find yourself getting a "quest failed" message, later. ='[.]'=

No,I am not lucky. I ran into this mod yesterday and made aware of the possible dilemma.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4106/?

This mod will turn a message into a pop up with an OK button, freeze actions for you to click to continue. So it would be impossible for me to miss it. That said, you haven't told how the quest will fail, time based? or fast travel based? Do tell if you know, thanks.

Nothing happens.... seriously, there is zero risk whatsoever. They can't die, get their stuff broken, etc...

The only thing is repairing turrets and such. Everything is exactly how it is, it is trivial and pointless.

If you were smart, you built your stash of stuff up a level, then deleted the entrance to whatever safe/vault area you have to stash your valuables, so it's literally impossible for your stuff to be stolen.

Be glad you even noticed the message. It can be easy to miss if it pops up at a time when your attention is on blasting bad guys. Then, unless you notice it in your quests list, you may find yourself getting a "quest failed" message, later. ='[.]'=

No,I am not lucky. I ran into this mod yesterday and made aware of the possible dilemma.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4106/?

This mod will turn a message into a pop up with an OK button, freeze actions for you to click to continue. So it would be impossible for me to miss it. That said, you haven't told how the quest will fail, time based? or fast travel based? Do tell if you know, thanks.

For certain, it is time based (with a reasonably-generous time frame, especially if you use fast travel). If other factors apply, I couldn't say. Kidnapped settler missions are also time based. =^[.]^=

How on earth did I start 2 threads? I didnt even know the existence of the ... duplicate until I found my thread got locked by moderator. This one is a big mystery!

Anyway, thanks for the replies. After that scary Sanctuary attack that finds no NPC, I did read somewhere about having to resurrect. So now whenever I cannot complete the quest, I will go around resurrecting each and every attackers to kill again. The logic is, if some attackers who got killed by auto cannons or my settlers without my present, then the kill doesn't count and settlement is still "under attack" (even from the dead guy). Resurrect and kill again solves this problem, quest completes!

Edited by tomomi1922

Just so you know, NOT helping in an attack is NOT a guarantee that the quest will fail. I ignored one and a while later got a 'success' message. The only mod I'm running that in any way affects attacks is better notifications, and I'm fairly certain that wasn't the cause ('cuz I've had 'em fail when ignored as well).

I suspect that the defense rating of the settlement was the reason an ignored attack was successfully repelled anyway. The shmucks attacked Sanctuary which had ungodly defenses, between turrets and all the settlers packing miniguns.

Ignored kidnappings appear to always fail, of course.

On a side note, sometimes the attack notification is remarkably predictive. I responded to one and it took quite a while for the attackers to show up (naturally they waited until I decided it must've been a false alarm and started doing something in the Workshop menu).