HELP! Sanctuary is under attack

tomomi1922

Speaking of which, I get so annoyed that the same guard in Sanctuary kept giving me Sanctuary quest: go kill someone bothering us, etc.... And he askes like "You are from Minute Men?" But I clearly remember taking him in not long ago as Minute Man general, suited him up, gave him a nice hunting rifle with scope, presumably fed him and gave him a bed, and gave him his job as a guard on top of a cool 3 stories tower I built. And he goes asking like he doesnt' know me and talked to me like he owns Sanctuary. Bugger!

Edited by tomomi1922

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm just itching for Sanctuary to be attacked. I've surrounded the entire settlement by a steel fence. The only two entrances are guarded by laser tripwires connected to sirens and a large array of tesla coils and missile turrets. I'm curious to see how an attack will eventuate now.

Well I'm just itching for Sanctuary to be attacked. I've surrounded the entire settlement by a steel fence. The only two entrances are guarded by laser tripwires connected to sirens and a large array of tesla coils and missile turrets. I'm curious to see how an attack will eventuate now.

Sounds like a great plan...right up until attackers spawn inside your buildings to begin with (and they can).

Exactly how are sirens supposed to be used? Do they provide any real advantage? Every attack I've had the settlers all come a-runnin' anyway. Seeing as how I tend to let them have miniguns, attackers don't have a whole lot of luck (especially when combined with all the turrets). The way I have my turrets set up any way someone comes in or spawns in they're very likely to be covered by at least three turrets.

Don't need no fences or walls, unless you count a wall of lead.

There is a mod that allows you to call attack on your settlements.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2995/?

You can specify mob type, settlement location, and easy/medium/hard mode. And mobs will appear from afar. It's awesome to know they are coming, but nobody else knows. And witness settlers start panicking because they hear something. And sit back and watch the fight happen, or help. It is really well made.Only problem is that you need to manually remove loose weapons (as they don't decay with corpses, as with any raid).

Sanctuary being attacked is rather a rarity... played 410hrs in my first run ("normal" difficulty setting, no mods) and had exactly one raid by supermutants, that's it. Am at 500 hours now ("hard" setting, 31 mods, of which one is the "Better Settlers").

Anyway, I have a few settlements that seem to have problems with the "under attack" quests, as they fail even when I got there on time and the settlers even stopped to thank me for helping them; still the quest doesn't close and after a day or so I get a "failed" notice.

Failing to help a settlement doesn't have too many consequences, bar the fact that when you return to a settlement that was under attack, you're bound to have to do repairs to crops, water purefiers and/or defence turrets, that's it. And Preston Garvey mumbling that you need to heed help requests from settlers to keep the settlements under the wings of the Minutemen.

In short, don't worry too much should you miss/fail to help a settlement under attack. I'm level 119 now and when called upon, I often arrive just in time to see the settlers already have the intruders blown to smithereens and I get a succeeded before even drawing my weapon...

Edited by JimmyRJump

I had something odd happen to my new char yesterday. I came back to Sanctuary after doing some building in another settlement for a few days, only to find one of my generators was smoking. No bodies or ash piles anywhere to be found (I have oodles of laser turrets). One of the settlers stopped me and gave me this line about "maybe you can help, our generator is broken and we don't have the parts to fix it". Then I got a quest to fix the generator.....the catch is that I already did before the settler approached me.

I'm guessing this wasn't a settlement attack, but a settler quest I just haven't had yet. The problem was me fixing the generator without talking to the settler. This request required a 100% repair or rebuild to be successful, and the only way I could get it to pass was building something like 25 generators! Each one added a few percent to the total repair. I had checked every one of my generators when starting the quest and none of them needed repaired. I even scavenged a couple and rebuilt them, but building a bunch of new ones was the only way to pass the quest. Then I scrapped all of them. It was so stupid.

To make matters worse, the guy was a synth spy, and the first time I took the quest I had sent his ass to Red Rocket for assassination before he came to talk to me...so while I'm trying to figure out the quest, he kept getting far enough away from me that it would fail the quest over and over. Then I realized it was because he was leaving the settlement so I had to track him down, send him back to Sanctuary, build a bunch of generators, pass the quest, then send him back to Red Rocket and then snipe his synth head off. :down:

Sanctuary being attacked isn't all that rare, near as I can tell it's about the same odds as any other settlement all things being equal. Different characters have different experiences.

Once a radio beacon is placed in Sanctuary Hills and new settlers have, well, settled, I'm swamped by requests from settlers to get rid of ghouls/greenskins/raiders because Sanctuary has presumably been raided or the settlers are simply a touch apprehensive. But an actual attack by any malevolant faction has in my case occurred but once in 900 hours of gameplay...

I had something odd happen to my new char yesterday. I came back to Sanctuary after doing some building in another settlement for a few days, only to find one of my generators was smoking. No bodies or ash piles anywhere to be found (I have oodles of laser turrets). One of the settlers stopped me and gave me this line about "maybe you can help, our generator is broken and we don't have the parts to fix it". Then I got a quest to fix the generator.....the catch is that I already did before the settler approached me.

I'm guessing this wasn't a settlement attack, but a settler quest I just haven't had yet. The problem was me fixing the generator without talking to the settler. This request required a 100% repair or rebuild to be successful, and the only way I could get it to pass was building something like 25 generators! Each one added a few percent to the total repair. I had checked every one of my generators when starting the quest and none of them needed repaired. I even scavenged a couple and rebuilt them, but building a bunch of new ones was the only way to pass the quest. Then I scrapped all of them. It was so stupid.

To make matters worse, the guy was a synth spy, and the first time I took the quest I had sent his ass to Red Rocket for assassination before he came to talk to me...so while I'm trying to figure out the quest, he kept getting far enough away from me that it would fail the quest over and over. Then I realized it was because he was leaving the settlement so I had to track him down, send him back to Sanctuary, build a bunch of generators, pass the quest, then send him back to Red Rocket and then snipe his synth head off. :down:

How do you know he is a spy? Or that is part of your own roleplaying? Yes, sometimes the game does bust up your generator so you can get a quest to fix generator or build a new one. And they seem to give you very little time to do it too. Got a quest, decided to buy/sell something (right on the same settlement). 5 min later quest failed. Had to load save game, placed a generator right on my feet, quest passed.

Sanctuary being attacked isn't all that rare, near as I can tell it's about the same odds as any other settlement all things being equal. Different characters have different experiences.

Once a radio beacon is placed in Sanctuary Hills and new settlers have, well, settled, I'm swamped by requests from settlers to get rid of ghouls/greenskins/raiders because Sanctuary has presumably been raided or the settlers are simply a touch apprehensive. But an actual attack by any malevolant faction has in my case occurred but once in 900 hours of gameplay...

Yeah I got a lot of these too. These Sanctuary kids kept giving me quest and asking me IF I came from the Minute Man. Then upon complete, I reported to Garvey saying "another settlement has joined our cause".... Isn't this the first settlement WE built together? Suddenly it became their settlement and I have to recruit them?

About this: The past few days I have been hopping settlement after settlement, repairing turrets, water systems, generators, the whole lot, and 100% of it.

Upon returning to the first settlement, everything AGAIN is smoking, in need of repair.

I understand this can happen due to an infiltrating Synth, but with a 100% certainty on all settlements at one?

This is BLOODY strange.

I cannot imagine all settlements at once being infiltrated up to 100%?

Even Sanct has this issue.

Though I hate modding, imma think to make these systems invulnerable.

I'm SO bloody tired fixing this in a continuity... :(