The most horrifc sight you have witnessed in Fallout 4

Laz3456

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the pipe-guns, and when I was invited to mod/upgrade these monstrosities, then I truly knew the meaning of despair. After six years of waiting the devs expected us to play with these miserable excuses for firearms...

giphy.gif

(I'd fall to my knees and fire two pistols into the air crying 'NOOOOOO!!' but a pipe gun would probably blow your hand off)

I have over 700 hours playing the game and I have never once used any weapon with the word pipe in the name. A ballistic weapon with no rifling is just garbage and it is beyond me why the game developers would include so many of them. A laser rifle with a crank? WTF are you serious? A homemade .50 caliber pipe gun with no stock now that's horrific.

Well, nothing in the game says that the pipe weapons are smoothbore. Barrel rifling has literally been demonstrated in the 1400's. That's literally late middle ages. Though it would be improved until mid 16'th century, which is from when it's basically been more or less the same as modern rifling.

That's literally as old as my greatsword for Skyrim and NV, or as my swiss halberd. (Well, the halberd model is normally earlier, but there's a nearly identical example in the Wallace collection from IIRC the 16'th century.) You don't need some factory tools to do it. Any late medieval smith can do it. So there's nothing to say that you wouldn't rifle a steel pipe before turning it into an improvised rifle.

But turning to more in-game lore, rather than such speculations, in VATS pipe rifle bullets are clearly shown rotating in flight. You know, like a bullet from a rifled barrel. And at least some show grooves on the bullet, like a rifled barrel would cause.

I'm not a big fan of pipe weapons, mind you, but I just had to do it. FOR SCIENCE :tongue: