Nexus is not loading. IP blocked?

DuckifyZ

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dark0ne (Robin!). It is the Nexus mods site that is causing me the grief. Oddly, the Forum side is fine. Krystal is fine too. Only the main Nexus mods site is the problem: incredibly slow to load, few images turn up, sometimes the whole pages ends up half baked and incomplete. All the rest of my Internet is absolutely fine. This all started Friday. The people here seem to be PlusNet (UK) users and I have posted on the PlusNet support forum in the hope one of their staff answer.

Thank you for your continued investigations. It may not be a Nexus problem anyway.

Quoting this. Another PlusNet user, West Midlands. Forum OK, Mods website either failing to load entirely or loading as a 'crippled' version - most images missing or no CSS. Imgur unreliable to access for anything.

Edited by Athanasa

Hey Guys,

Reading that Plusnet thread it looks like they're having issues connecting to the HighWinds CDN system - probably due to rules in their firewall / application firewall systems. We use the HighWinds CDN system - the same as imgur and some of the other sites mentioned, so that would be the source of the problem I'm afraid.

Plusnet seem to be aware of the problem, so there isn't much we can do from this end - however you can try -

Https Everywhere Plugin - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTPS_Everywhere

This should send your traffic via a middleman server and hopefully get around Plusnet's network

Hey Guys,

Reading that Plusnet thread it looks like they're having issues connecting to the HighWinds CDN system - probably due to rules in their firewall / application firewall systems. We use the HighWinds CDN system - the same as imgur and some of the other sites mentioned, so that would be the source of the problem I'm afraid.

Plusnet seem to be aware of the problem, so there isn't much we can do from this end - however you can try -

This should send your traffic via a middleman server and hopefully get around Plusnet's network

Already had that forced via chrome's settings. Didn't help much.. though I can load things a bit better, and at night they seem to come back fully functional (I'm talking 4-5 am).

Hey Guys,

I installed that but it's made no difference here. If I manually put https into the url it says it can't load the page.

Just catching up on PlusNet - they're getting a bit bureaucratic about which site is being affected: like "It's Imgur, start another thread for another site". Well great. I do hope someone wakes up in PlusNet and starts taking this seriously. Otherwise it's lost customers for them.

I live in hope.