Guns I would like to see modded into FO4

YailBloor

For those interested in a grenade launcher:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8640/?

Many thanks, I missed that one and it will tide us over until someone puts an M79 or equivalent into the game. You never know Fo4 might be the game when someone achieves an M203..

I actually would compare Junnari's grenade pistol to an M79. Not in appearance, but functionally it is certainly similar. It lacks any kind of sighting system, and is 25mm as opposed to 40mm, but besides that, I find it feels about the same as one would expect, and definitely appropriate to the Fallout universe.

Edited by YailBloor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello !

@YailBloor : I actually have a Custom Kriss Vector i've made with full accessories, and a AK47 assault (Stock). I've not done those two for fallout 4, but i can convert them (the textures) to match fallout 4 engine.

The only thing is that i don't know how to import a gun into fallout 4. I mean that i don't know what to do with Nifskope to match the gun with hand in game, animations etc...

So here i need someone to do it or explain me how to.

here's my Kriss on SketchFab : https://skfb.ly/KKFu

Sorry for some glitches on the textures, but they are in .jpg for performance, because it's 4096*4096. And the render isn't as good as Marmoset, In sketchfab it's too flat.

So here you have a good render in ArtStation, but here the texture quality is poor... make a mix with your eyes ;) : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/z50zw

It's on SniperMod, and lot of accessories can be removable. It can be switched to assault and standard mode. EOTech and Sniper Scope, sights, silencer, laser, lamp, rails, handle (that can be animated because it contains foot for sniper mode), Fortis clip, AceArms Accessorie, assault prolongator (the black one with holes) all can be removed. I can miss something, i've done this work 2 year ago.

Custom Cross, long magazine and lateral switch for the scope are part of the gun and can't be removed/changed.

The cross can off course be folded, The Sniper Scope can be folded too, at 45° on it's support. Buttons can be switched etc... All is done for InGame integration. But all need to be done with Nifscope or other to work.

Tell me if your interested ;)

Hello !

@YailBloor : I actually have a Custom Kriss Vector i've made with full accessories, and a AK47 assault (Stock). I've not done those two for fallout 4, but i can convert them (the textures) to match fallout 4 engine.

The only thing is that i don't know how to import a gun into fallout 4. I mean that i don't know what to do with Nifskope to match the gun with hand in game, animations etc...

So here i need someone to do it or explain me how to.

here's my Kriss on SketchFab : https://skfb.ly/KKFu

Sorry for some glitches on the textures, but they are in .jpg for performance, because it's 4096*4096. And the render isn't as good as Marmoset, In sketchfab it's too flat.

So here you have a good render in ArtStation, but here the texture quality is poor... make a mix with your eyes :wink: : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/z50zw

It's on SniperMod, and lot of accessories can be removable. It can be switched to assault and standard mode. EOTech and Sniper Scope, sights, silencer, laser, lamp, rails, handle (that can be animated because it contains foot for sniper mode), Fortis clip, AceArms Accessorie, assault prolongator (the black one with holes) all can be removed. I can miss something, i've done this work 2 year ago.

Custom Cross, long magazine and lateral switch for the scope are part of the gun and can't be removed/changed.

The cross can off course be folded, The Sniper Scope can be folded too, at 45° on it's support. Buttons can be switched etc... All is done for InGame integration. But all need to be done with Nifscope or other to work.

Tell me if your interested :wink:

Well for starters, that is just gorgeous. I personally like the look of the basic Vector best, but those customizations are pretty fancy indeed. I have an airsoft Vector with a suppressor and an EOTech, oh, and the over-barrel flashlight as well. It's far and away my favorite of my airsoft collection, and if I can ever save $2400 I will own the real steel as well.

Anyway, I am very much interested, but I have no clue how to actualize it in game either. Maybe if you upload the model to nexus someone would be willing to do it?

Edited by YailBloor

Also need to bear in mind the 'Universe Split', whenever the FO plotline diverged from our real world plotline. With that in mind, weapons appearing post-1950s-ish (?) might not have the same names or origins. However, some research into existing firearm manufacturing companies and their naming conventions would probably give enough to cover any of that.

Edited by Athanasa

Also need to bear in mind the 'Universe Split', whenever the FO plotline diverged from our real world plotline. With that in mind, weapons appearing post-1950s-ish (?) might not have the same names or origins. However, some research into existing firearm manufacturing companies and their naming conventions would probably give enough to cover any of that.

Well sure, if you're an immersion nazi :P

Sorry just kidding! You do make a good point there that I never really considered. Personally I can look the other way on the lore-friendlyness to have my favorite guns, but your suggestion would be a good way to tie everything together neatly.

Well sure, if you're an immersion nazi :tongue:

Sorry just kidding! You do make a good point there that I never really considered. Personally I can look the other way on the lore-friendlyness to have my favorite guns, but your suggestion would be a good way to tie everything together neatly.

Eh, same gone physically and mechanically. Just slap a little in-universe branding onto it. That way everyone's happy.

It honestly surprises me how few real-world weapons are in FO4. I mean, I guess it's the US so we don't have AKs everywhere, but I'm surprised we're not seeing references to WWII weapons and whatnot. Instead, everyone forgets about the old weapons and makes s*** out of pipes. Hell, take this as an opportunity to introduce various prototype weapons that never made it (I'm sure there were challengers for the M16 - wiki says designed in 1956) for those people interested in it.

Y'know what? Introduce some quests about it, or some in-game hidden lore. Have a few giant arms manufactring companies locked in a commercial war with each other before the bombs hit. Have a few factories added to the game - shove them underground in the Glowing Sea, or offices in Boston. Quest or explore through these, unlock blueprints for weapon prototypes that never made it onto the market. Maybe some legendary craftable upgrades for these weapons, and only these weapons.

Claim these factories for the Minutemen or the Brotherhood. Restart production, re-arm the Commonwealth with mass produced quality firearms (well, better than pipe rifles anyway). Rake in the cash, sleep on a mattress of shells and bottlecaps.

Change the world with these guns.

... goddamnit, where's GECK?!

Edited by Athanasa

Well sure, if you're an immersion nazi :tongue:

Eh, same gone physically and mechanically. Just slap a little in-universe branding onto it. That way everyone's happy.

It honestly surprises me how few real-world weapons are in FO4. I mean, I guess it's the US so we don't have AKs everywhere, but I'm surprised we're not seeing references to WWII weapons and whatnot. Instead, everyone forgets about the old weapons and makes s*** out of pipes.

I agree, in a world with electricity, terminals, printing presses etc, etc, you'd think someone could at least slap together a M3 or something. It was made with being easy to mass produce in mind. Not that I like the M3, but it speaks to your point.

I agree, in a world with electricity, terminals, printing presses etc, etc, you'd think someone could at least slap together a M3 or something. It was made with being easy to mass produce in mind. Not that I like the M3, but it speaks to your point.

I went and had a whole idea dump, edited into my previous post... this is what happens when I talk about modding. Goddamnit. Anyway, lemme know what you think?

From a semi-marketing POV, it'd drag the mod into the viewpoint of the main community, not just gun-nuts.

(Disclaimer: I am British, I have no understanding of firearms at all.)