Porting content from other games

So it seems, if i purchased "Developer License", i can use DAZ models in other games freely.

Yes, that is the key; you have to purchase either an Indie Game Developer License ($500) or a Commercial Game Developer License ($2500).

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do not have the authority to allow use in other games, even their own. :armscrossed:

You actually don't know that. You don't know if they used 3rd party contractors or what are their conditions. You're assuming that they don't do it because they can't (among assuming other things that fact implies), I'm assuming they're just jerks (at least ZeniMax that is).

Thing is, the best thing is to not assume. We don't know if they're not willing or they can't. So in the end I bash them for not letting us know the whys behind such thing, which is something we should all demand instead of picking the "They can't!" or the "They're jerks!" side.

Edited by eltucu

eltucu

It's a little late to argue that point don't you think?

Simple fact of the matter is they made the game, they can do what they want, when they want, and we have to follow their rules and requests. They don't have to tell us anything about why and how they do anything. It is not our place to "demand" information from the developers - we didn't make the games, we have no right to demand information.

And the last question i think: If i will buy such license, how should i prove the fact of my right to use DAZ models in my mods ?

I would assume it would be like any other transaction: Proof of purchase. In this case, it would be the invoice for the license.

They don't have to tell us anything about why and how they do anything. It is not our place to "demand" information from the developers
Yes, it is our place as customers. It is my place to say what things I dont like from their product and to say that it weights in wheter I'll buy it or not.

It doesnt means they have to comply, I never said they're obligated, but you're pretty wrong in thinking that i can't say anything at all about it, I can actually say whatever I want about it, wheter you or them like it or not. The fact that we don't know about that is a byproduct of people like you who think they can't say anything, and worse, try to shut up people who do know they can try to do something about it.

As they can do whatever they want with their product, wheter I like it or not, I can choose to buy or not buy their products and voice around the whos and whys demanding whatever I want, wheter they like it or not. That IS a right. I'm not obliged to shut up nor buy their stuff, you neither even if you sadly choose not to exercise that right.

You guys think Bethesda is bad? They're nothing...

I was playing Risk the other day and was using pieces from two different versions of the game... some from the robots game and some from the Greek gods version. Hasbro sent ninjas after me for daring to mix resources from two different games. They totally kicked my ass and threw my game pieces all over my house.

They do not have the authority to allow use in other games, even their own. :armscrossed:

You actually don't know that. You don't know if they used 3rd party contractors or what are their conditions. You're assuming that they don't do it because they can't (among assuming other things that fact implies), I'm assuming they're just jerks (at least ZeniMax that is).

Thing is, the best thing is to not assume. We don't know if they're not willing or they can't. So in the end I bash them for not letting us know the whys behind such thing, which is something we should all demand instead of picking the "They can't!" or the "They're jerks!" side.

You're right. I, personally, haven't seen the contracts. I only have Robin's word for what he was told by BethsSoft representatives when he raised this very issue. And we all know how unreliable he is. :tongue:

You're right. I, personally, haven't seen the contracts. I only have Robin's word for what he was told by BethsSoft representatives when he raised this very issue. And we all know how unreliable he is. :tongue:

I don't think Robin's reliability is in question here, but rather, BethSoft's honesty. I'm not saying it's one way or the other. He's got a point that you don't know, just because that's what Robin was told; and you've got a point that it's really a moot point because their rules are essentially law when it comes to this matter. Personally I have no reason to doubt what Robin was told.

Bethsoft has actually been very supportive of modding in the past. I don't see that changing even though we are just a very small percentage of their user base. They have made very few demands on the modding community. Not allowing assets specifically made for one game to be used in mods for another game, and requesting that modder sites such as The Nexus not allow it - is one of the very few. :thumbsup: