⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Crashing at satcom Nw-05a?

lv1234

This will be as if you have a brand new setup, complete with out contamination's of other software installed, or mods / tweaks/ and things.

This represents what a clean slate means. Doing this, you get to save any mods or data you do not want to re-download or loose.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be as if you have a brand new setup, complete with out contamination's of other software installed, or mods / tweaks/ and things.

This represents what a clean slate means. Doing this, you get to save any mods or data you do not want to re-download or loose.

Now I only skimmed through it for now and will go into reading into it further when I have time

So is there anything I have to do before doing those steps? Like backing up my saves or mods or will that take place during the process

So no fiddling with the OS or hard drive but just the game itself?

Edited by lv1234

Based on what the problems are as you posted, and have shared, saved games are useless and won't work...for you that is.

fixing bad saved games takes a great deal of knowledge. I use what you sent to me after i fixed them, so far being only the two.

right click the "My documents/My games folder and send too zip / compressed zip. bingo, backed up.

as for anything else...your backups are automatic by the renaming processes...those files won't even be touched.

So is there anything I have to do before doing those steps?

Just simply follow directions as I posted.

Based on what the problems are as you posted, and have shared, saved games are useless and won't work...for you that is.

fixing bad saved games takes a great deal of knowledge. I use what you sent to me after i fixed them, so far being only the two.

right click the "My documents/My games folder and send too zip / compressed zip. bingo, backed up.

as for anything else...your backups are automatic by the renaming processes...those files won't even be touched.

So is there anything I have to do before doing those steps?

Just simply follow directions as I posted.

Doing some of the steps right now....Will ask questions if confused with the instructions

So on step 6, what do you mean for it to stabilize there so it can't update games?

also my bro wants to play LOL and Dota 2 on here, so while doing this, will they still be able to play those games on steam with no problems after step 5?

Problem: my entire games library requires re-install now?

Going back to my previous restore point and going to stop there until we can get this figured out

REupdate: OK ALRIGHT, I returned to my frickin restore point just to find that my steam games are messed up and now require reinstall since they won't load at all....I'm really starting to give up on trying to fix this problem and just go back to my f03 backup for the sake of my steam games

Edited by lv1234

Had you waited for my reply you wouldn't have this problem but if you're sharing that machine? You can't make changes to the system while you're playing games the same time. You go back up to this thread and you'll see I finally say that all your original game are left intact Not Disturb you can copy those directly into the new game folder steam common and then update it and when it's done verifying all Steam games are installed correctly you test them one of the time your restore efforts are your decision not mine so you pretty much made a mess of things

Ok reinstalled my games...Now let's start over to the beginning of the instructions...I'm just planning to do all of this stuff on my windows 7 laptop after copying my f03 data and saves folder to it after installing steam on it (Same OS I am using on the rig)<<Doing this so if any mess happens I can uninstall steam and everything with ease.....

Now according to the steps, I may have missed #3.....So my mistake on that

So for #6 after clickin on install steam, does that step happen after the steam install setup appears? or when its trying to update after fully installing it?

When steam updates, have you launched it,? The window will stabilize but in the background it's scanning your library and builds up recommendations.

Usually you might catch a game trying to download which is what you do not want, so that's called stabilizing. When steam is not downloading anything?

You exit steam completely reboot the PC and wait for steam to initiate. When steam initiate's, you will see updating steam now with a white background and they process indicator showing that steam is updating itself; .. that's what I mean by allowing steam to stabilize.

The idea is to not have things going on behind your back at the same time while setting up your PC's attributes. software s and settings.

Hate for steam comes from this, responses about steams habits require you take heed of what is going on and not just simply dismiss it.

The same can be said for operating systems updates...all concerned companies and software programs rely on submissive practices.

The key is to understand how things are "supposed to work", By passing things / being (dismissive) leads to problems you can not solve.

"( skimmed over it)"<----- is not a recommended practice.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

Ok...ere is an update that might shead some more light on some things about "steam"

(http://pastebin.com/7ug7xXsT)

That is all the software that gets installed and updated "Of Steam" Just prior to installing any games.

So, this shows missing data, data from the games installed purchases, css configurations, and directory structures.

If screen shots are required? I can link in here the processes taken to know what to expect.

(http://postimg.org/gallery/2t8ekbzee/)

Edited by Purr4me

Ok...ere is an update that might shead some more light on some things about "steam"

(http://pastebin.com/7ug7xXsT)

That is all the software that gets installed and updated "Of Steam" Just prior to installing any games.

So, this shows missing data, data from the games installed purchases, css configurations, and directory structures.

If screen shots are required? I can link in here the processes taken to know what to expect.

(http://postimg.org/gallery/2t8ekbzee/)

So after steam has updated itself according to your last photo/image, do not allow steam to update any other games correct? What if those games can't update because they require a reinstall?<<Does it mean I screwed up correct? or is that supposed to happen