⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Crashing at satcom Nw-05a?

lv1234

your issue is / was fallout3 was damaged...correct?

If you follow directions then yes, fallout 3 will need to be reinstalled...but not any other games.

Thus is why you rename steam in the first place.

here is how this works. I am fixing your fallout 3 installed software, I am NOT interested in any other games, that's not the issue.

this is how steam works as a program; "steam / renamed 01steam can be launched if the fresh stem is shut off...all the way off." thus contains all other games. what your interest lies in, so, in steam 01 you can delete the Entire fallout 3 game, copy back from the fresh install of that game into steam 01common directory and still have all your games in tact with 1 benefit, you now have a clean fallout3 game to re-validate "in 01steam"

as with many programs, you are NOT limited to one install or instance of steam.

now if you expect to have all the other games too? well that's a bit more to bite off here for a fix of just 1 game..is it not?

that answers the "What IF question"

copies of programs respond to rename, you can have as many copies of MO, steam, game names as you wish...but only if you understand how it all works and follow instructions.

skim ahead, skip things based on your beliefs only leads to failure.

I posted two methods, each has an outcome based on those particular issues as I posted.

there is NO one cure fixes all.

----------------------------------------------

I have spent a great deal of time with this issue , with many individuals. this is not rocket science.

It's a simple install of a video game, a fix for something you do not understand.

The real problems come from not knowing how it works or background noise unseen by you By programs doing things your not aware of.

Follow directions and stay focused on that target, do not stray off course.

What if those games can't update because they require a reinstall?

That I don't care about cuz of what I just posted...you wait after doing as told for more instructions. If any required. fallout 3 clean slate, blank slate, fresh install not contaminated with any other factors involved "was and is my only concern to fix your fallout 3 game.

we on the same page now?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ready? ok here we go. "STOP" right where you are now and follow directions.

1. rename folder called steam...like 01steram.
  2. Go to My doc's/My games/ and rename fallout 3 to 01fallout 3
  3. Go to users/ user name/ apps/local/ rename fallout 3 to 01fallout 3
  4. reboot PC
  5. use internet browser and go to steam, re-download and install steam.
  6. when it boots up, allow it to stabilize there but not allow any games to up date.
  7. log in to the account you have on steam,, right click fallout3 GOTY and choose tab for local content.
  8. verify and update the game.
  9. run fallout 3 now and allow it and steam to work as one, setting all things to defaults.
  10. run fallout 3 and hard your save at baby scene,,,MY book. exit.
  11. now configure steam to run MO. all other things you did prior to this point should still be left intact.
  12. launch mo from inside steam and verify all programs work or need re-configuring.
  13. bang ! your all done. for me 45 minutes for internet bandwidth...pending.
  14. top's 1 hour total...for you, for heavens sake take your time.

this time it will be so clean it squeaks(Like a mouse in pain!)....cats like mice.

fallout 3 is the focused issue here.

ready? ok here we go. "STOP" right where you are now and follow directions.

1. rename folder called steam...like 01steram.
  2. Go to My doc's/My games/ and rename fallout 3 to 01fallout 3
  3. Go to users/ user name/ apps/local/ rename fallout 3 to 01fallout 3
  4. reboot PC
  5. use internet browser and go to steam, re-download and install steam.
  6. when it boots up, allow it to stabilize there but not allow any games to up date.
  7. log in to the account you have on steam,, right click fallout3 GOTY and choose tab for local content.
  8. verify and update the game.
  9. run fallout 3 now and allow it and steam to work as one, setting all things to defaults.
  10. run fallout 3 and hard your save at baby scene,,,MY book. exit.
  11. now configure steam to run MO. all other things you did prior to this point should still be left intact.
  12. launch mo from inside steam and verify all programs work or need re-configuring.
  13. bang ! your all done. for me 45 minutes for internet bandwidth...pending.
  14. top's 1 hour total...for you, for heavens sake take your time.

this time it will be so clean it squeaks(Like a mouse in pain!)....cats like mice.

fallout 3 is the focused issue here.

So when it comes to renaming the folder "steam" is it the steam folder within the steam folder found on program x86 or is it just plainly the steam folder just found on the program x86?

So according to your lecture (not sure what else to call it but I'm not saying it in a rude way) to me after doing step 1-5, only fallout 3 should need to be reinstalled and the other steam games should stay installed correct?

and What does MO mean? just curious

And NO my f03 and games were luckily all still intact

Edited by lv1234

So when it comes to renaming the folder "steam" is it the steam folder within the steam folder found on program x86 or is it just plainly the steam folder just found on the program x86?

C:\Program Files (x86) <--- that is the first mistake, steam can be told to install any where. This folder is a system protected folder and will NOT allow you to modify game files there.

If you went through all of this and repeated this mistake? Well I can't help you.

The purpose was to fix an issue brought on by making these kinds of mistakes...Given though even default installs point to the location, it is still incorrect By default, it is correct if you "do not intend to modify the game at all."

Retail installs also respond to directory "redirection of install paths."

So change the name of the steam folder found in program x86 in the c drive...not the other steam folder located within it correct? Would it be best to move this "Renamed folder" elsewhere away from the C: drive?<< We have done this before I believe

for the "renamed" f03 files they should stay in their directories and not be moved correct?

So when you are talking about MO, are you talking about Mod organizer? If we are then, is it just a modding program similar to f0mm and NMM?

Edited by lv1234

So change the name of the steam folder found in program x86 in the c drive...not the other steam folder located within it correct?

correct.

Would it be best to move this "Renamed folder" elsewhere away from the C: drive?<< We have done this before I believe

negative, you don't touch files in program files and folders ever.

for the "renamed" f03 files they should stay in their directories and not be moved correct?

correct.

So when you are talking about MO, are you talking about Mod organizer?

correct.

If we are then, is it just a modding program similar to f0mm and _____NMM?----

CORRECT. NMM is not the same, who or where , or what gave you that idea? NMM IS A web site tool for all the games they support, It is not like Mo or fomm in any way. totally a different animal.

way too complex piece of software in involve in this fix, throws all kinds of different scenarios into this mix.

"Web Site tool"......= NMM " Nexus-------Mod manager" which I have no dealings with in any fixing to take place.

So change the name of the steam folder found in program x86 in the c drive...not the other steam folder located within it correct?

correct.

Would it be best to move this "Renamed folder" elsewhere away from the C: drive?<< We have done this before I believe

negative, you don't touch files in program files and folders ever.

correct.

So when you are talking about MO, are you talking about Mod organizer?

correct.

If we are then, is it just a modding program similar to f0mm and _____NMM?----

CORRECT. NMM is not the same, who or where , or what gave you that idea? NMM IS A web site tool for all the games they support, It is not like Mo or fomm in any way. totally a different animal.

way too complex piece of software in involve in this fix, throws all kinds of different scenarios into this mix.

"Web Site tool"......= NMM " Nexus-------Mod manager" which I have no dealings with in any fixing to take place.

I have no experience with MO, but again I'm pretty sure you will go over that with me after following the instructions

Okay, will be re-doing the instructions eventually on my laptop (has the same f03 files and OS, so nothing should be thrown off) and will ask questions for each instruction if needed to make more clearer to myself

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Just reinstalled the game after sharing the game from my desktop to this windows 7 laptop....However my bros are using my account for LOL and dota right now, so I don't have any way to play the game since they are using my account to play on it :/...So expect a delay right now....However I could use FOMM to just launch fallout 3 vanilla or go offline possibly?

Update: Just reinstalled the game after sharing the game from my desktop to this windows 7 laptop....However my bros are using my account for LOL and dota right now, so I don't have any way to play the game since they are using my account to play on it :/...So expect a delay right now....However I could use FOMM to just launch fallout 3 vanilla or go offline possibly?

Your issues exceeds expectations, the things you got going on there exasperate your situation what this means is I am unable to help you any further under these circumstances.

------------------

EDITED: When and if you obtain your own system and profiles + games? I can help.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me