[WIP] Thirsk Saga

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

TODAY'S PROGRESS REPORT:

- Dialogue.

- Continued work on Riekling quest.

- I'm uncertain whether or not fully-fledged companions will make the cut. Side-quests are getting priority right now.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, someguy! Long time lurker fan here. Would you be willing to talk more about Sons of Shor? Nothing spoilery of course, I was just wondering if the content will be repeatable at all? I've been hoping for some nordic naval combat and as much as I try to justify The Northern Cardinal in my playthroughs- the ship design KILLS me. Needs me a longship.

Hey, someguy! Long time lurker fan here. Would you be willing to talk more about Sons of Shor? Nothing spoilery of course, I was just wondering if the content will be repeatable at all? I've been hoping for some nordic naval combat and as much as I try to justify The Northern Cardinal in my playthroughs- the ship design KILLS me. Needs me a longship.

Thanks! It is definitely not repeatable. The introductory side-quest (which will be in SSS) will be a one-shot opportunity that arises when SoS shows up in Dawnstar, actively recruiting for a new contract that pits them against a coalition of pirates.

The standalone mod (which will come later) involves the player joining SoS while they undertake a mercenary contract in High Rock (dynastic struggles and intrigue abound). It will be a rough adaptation of Xenophon's Anabasis.

The final quest involving SoS will be Wrath of the Nord, which could very well serve as a conclusion of sorts to my Skyrim mods.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! Looking forward to it! Political intrigue in High Rock sounds badass! =D

Guest deleted2159825

TODAY'S PROGRESS REPORT:

- Worked on the Riekling questline. If it follows the outline, there will be flatulence, kidnapping, cannibalism, Homebrewing, substance abuse and sailing.

Guest deleted2159825

TODAY'S PROGRESS REPORT:

- Finished another quest in the Riekling questline. I will be using recycled and edited vanilla lines for the Riekling voicework. I tried my absolute best to produce a believable Riekling voice, but it wasn't happening.

TODAY'S PROGRESS REPORT:

- Finished another quest in the Riekling questline. I will be using recycled and edited vanilla lines for the Riekling voicework. I tried my absolute best to produce a believable Riekling voice, but it wasn't happening.

To be honest I'd love to hear your Riekling voice

Guest deleted2159825

Will we get to partake in substance abuse and sailing simultaneously?

Fear and Loathing in Solstheim, perhaps?

TODAY'S PROGRESS REPORT:

To be honest I'd love to hear your Riekling voice

It's unbearably mediocre. If it was just awful, at least it would have entertainment value. I found my rendition of Rieklings to be completely insipid, even with my best efforts. I can't abide a middling performance from my snow smurfs!

Hey man, I know you didn't ask for it, but I wanted to give the Rieklings a shot seeing as you felt your own attempt was mediocre.

I had 5 minutes to spare so I decided to run through a few of the Riekling Chief lines (as presumably you will have one or two Rieklings that speak in the common tongue). They were recorded in audacity on a yeti blue mic and pop filter with some slight noise reduction and '10%' increase in pitch. Otherwise, everything is pretty raw. No compress or whatever. See what you think. I'm not thin skinned so you can tell me it's s#*! if you feel it is ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sgd2dcwp2qcdf75/riekling.wav

If you like, hit me up with a PM. Been in the community for ages so I wouldn't let you down by going AWOL and due to my working nights as a bouncer, I have a lot of free time during the day to meet your deadlines if needs be.