installed oblivion on laptop with Vista

suzypike

I added the Combat FPS mod 1.0 last night. Thanks! It was much easier to add and I tested it on my game and it works like a charm with no conflicts.

Now I understand how to add the Stutter Remover. I was afraid to click "Yes to all " I didn't know what I'd be overwriting. I will put it on both computers tonight and give you an update.

I cannot thank you guys enough. I would have never gotten this game running without your help. Thanks to everyone who has helped!

suzy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stutter Remover added with success. There is now no lag whatsoever that we've detected- even inside buildings.

The only thing we haven't yet added is Streamline 3.1 to the laptop. Should I add it or leave things as they are?

Thanks again to everyone!

I'll try to list the tweaks we did:

OBMM

BOSS

OBSE

Gameboost

4 gb Patch

Combat FPS Optimizer

Stutter Remover

Also did the suggested tweaks like turning off shadowing, reflections, etc. I went right by this thread to tweak the Video Options, except I couldn't live without the footsteps or music. But, in the end, I got to keep them! :D

I hope I didn't leave anything out.

Thanks one more time!

suzy

In my opinion, adding Streamline is a good idea. Not only does it improve FPS and make the game even smoother, it has some other great features.

It will automaticaly save your game every 10 min and after each combat. (ever had the game crash after 4 hours, and you realized you had never saved?)

Realistic atmospheric haze blurs distant landscape ,to increase performance, but it also makes the game look more natural (again, my opinion).

It won't add any textures or meshes, so it would be very easy to uninstall should you not like it.

Also, it is extremely customizible. You can use only the parts you like, and edit virtually feature with the ini file. The ini even has explinations and instructions on editing.

Edited by eric31415

I'll put it on tomorrow night. We watched Kickass tonight. Awesome movie.

Did we decide Streamline would conflict with my FPS mod by killslasher? (On my desktop only)

If not I'll put it on both of them tomorrow.

:)

suzy

If you are happy with FPS, but want to try Streamline, make a backup of your Oblivion.ini in case you don't like all its features. Happy gaming!

I would like to try it but I don't know how to backup my Oblivion.ini.

Could you tell me how? I mean the Directions for Dummies - honestly!

suzy

Create a folder you will remember ( i use C/Documents/Oblivion Backups ). Use copy/paste to copy ini into the new folder. Rename the backup ini to something like Old ini.

when you want to restore this ini, just copy/ paste it back where it was, rename or delete the other ini, and rename Old ini back to Oblivion ini.

Also back up your saves and data file the same way.

Okay I finally got everything on the laptop last night. It seems to be running great. No problems whatsoever so far. I'm at work typing on my phone so I'll post a list of what I did tonight. In short, I used just about everything including the poly mods.

Thank you all so much. After my gaming laptop crashed I was beginning to think I didn't have another computer that could run the game. Thanks to all of your help, I now have TWO and so ordered another disc.

:)

suzy