"NV Game Stabilizer"

Either he's working through Google Translate or has no clue what he means. It sounds like the former. I hope.

It's like he translated it from Korean to Swedish to Russian to English. And then through Klingon and Ry'leh for good measure.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope that's the result of serious fubar from Google Translate because otherwise all that sounds like is random technobabble with no basis. Removal of collision boxes in the GECK is not going to cause Gamebryo to have seizures and choke itself. I don't even know where this stuff about dumping to the player is coming from because that makes even less sense.

I believe the author's first language is English, based on his blog; but he is deaf, according to his nexus profile. I do wish he would learn to use the "quote" feature in the forum and use fewer dramatic colors. But YMMV.

Regarding the capabilities of the mod, I believe I tried awfully hard to get him to explain what he did, but I wasn't able to understand his explanation so I gave up. I am glad to see this thread will try to reverse engineer more of what he did. Please see this thread where I tried to reverse engineer. It is *possible* that some of his changes don't even show up as changes in fnvedit, but I cannot prove this.

I encourage people to try reverse engineering and posting either here, or on the thread I had started. If there are some useful lessons to be learned, let's use them.

I've never seen a change yet in Oblivion or FO3 that won't show up in some way in FNVEdit. I don't have F:NV and won't be getting it anytime soon so I can't make that claim 100% for F:NV but it seems extremely unlikely a change record wouldn't be created for any little thing he could do.

FWIW, I read your other thread but couldn't make heads or tails of it there. I'd need to see it myself to be able to comment on it. But based on OB and FO3 it doesn't sound like what he's doing would be meaningful for anything other than removing excess collision processing.

I downloaded, just to add my drop in the bucket as a fascinated and interested onlooker.

Believe me, I've been scratching my head over that comment thread and would love to see some sensible dialog, as I tend to be highly skeptical, and I have no time or inclination to test it in my game at the moment... (let alone attempt to reverse engineer, way out of my paygrade!)

35, 2 June 2011

Ok I will lay it all out here as to what the main Goals are with all of this.

1. Base model is a default game world wide.

2. Base Geck Not patched and used world wide.

3. In comes a game patch from steam---Geck not longer works.

4. Beth studios scrambles to provide a fixed version That works with the update.

5. 1.3 Patched for the geck gets implemented, first two weeks, it was rocky at best.

6. Finally it was corrected at best But it does not compile the files as expected.

7. The effect is an offset in the files coding.

8. Diagnostics begin here. (A) was the first issue of a default version. Not effected by 1.3 But all others are using 1.3 patched games. Results, shows default settings for a NON modified game IN a modified Game as well.

9. (Modified ) this means all, 1.3 patch no mods, and mods.

10. new version released that considered with the development on the net, Not what I am doing, what the net is doing.

11. test results come in, a pattern emerges in the results.

we privately determine where and what got changed, How the codes are being implemented.

12. Discovery, Lookout codes are streaming in to the system from Steam. Registry entries must be in place before the engine is used. We look at it's dependency tree, follow the jumps. Now the engine is OS aware. Tighter control over the functions have been implemented.

13. Found missed data change in the engine Patch, Partial coverage done, Patch is incomplete.Numeric offset is not in line. GECK implements this offset.

14. Original default codes still resides within the following versions up to A5F. I make one change by request to remove Pre order dependency from the mod. (A7) is now that mod. Header information only removed,remaining information that considered with those DLC packages still is incorporated in to the mod. Redundant data is found by others. YES there is now.

15. (A6) based on base code and updated mod involvements to cover them, mod list provided. maintains Pre order lists and Unaltered. Still the code is offset.

16. Location of the offset in the GECK and THE engine has begun. Examination of saved game that corrects this offset on one machine but not another has begun.

This is where we are at now.

============

Correcting the games engine offset is the goal here not fixing the file it makes, If the water is offset then the Original goal it was intended for is also offset. So far, only a small handful of people have logged in with weirdness. The picture gallery show most of them. I have received many saved games to dissect and I thank those th=at have done this. It helped a great deal. They hold the keys here because it is a record of what actually takes place on a foreign machine and software environment. I now hope this will clarify what I am doing. and get on with the business at hand.

Well Guess what, My mod is not even in the picture, last night on dial up, 4 hours for steam to do it's dirty work, I run the game With out any of my work present in the game, and Dude ...I have no water any where in the entire game world. Now how does that Grab you? Uh huh, so,

We are dissecting every byte of information using state of the art software to determine why they want their DRM so badly in this stupid game, You have an answer to this, I am all ears.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wallbash.gif