⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Oblivion Mods: Common Questions and Problems

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded Valenwood Improved and some trees on the valenwood landscape are floating now, the most ones are on the base of now-vanished hills and mountains. Also once I even encountered a floating bandit camp. That's annoying. How to fix this?

Edit: Also I got Elsweyr Annequina and their elsweyr-valenwood patch as well.

Edited by Erenussocrates

I believe steam puts the game folder in C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam Apps\Your Login Name\Oblivion and the data folder would be in the oblivion folder, but I could be wrong. :) Edited by Keirgarth

Hello!! I have a little problem, all the wooden steps in my game are purple, I'm sure this is caused by missing textures but I think I'm missing vanilla textures. I just downloaded Castle Ravenpride and I'm pretty sure I CAN'T download it wrong because it has its own installer, now way for me to miss textures, and the vanilla wooden steps I've seen have also been purple, the first instance of it was that little wooden walkway near Charcoal cave that I didn't pay much attention to because I thought it was just affecting that ONE cave. However once I started approaching Ravenpride I noticed ALL of the stairs were purple and theres a lot of stairs there lol, not easily ignorable. I just wanted to know what I should do in this situation, I'm pretty sure its vanilla textures as I said earlier, but I don't know how I would replace them, or exactly what textures I'm missing. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Edit: Turns out it was much worse than I expected, I recently removed the omod version of Blood and Mud and now it seems the entirety of Bravil has gone purple!! How do I restore the vanilla textures? I feel like this is a job for Archive Invalidation but I'm not exactly sure what to do :( Screenshots : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046879609/screenshots/

Edited by flyboy1721

You may want to have a look at this thread: http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/129332-bbens-reinstall-procedure/ . It doesn't say how you can repair, but it tells you how to get back to vanilla oblivion so you can install your mods again. Unfortunately removing mods causes issues with the game at times.

There is no way I can go through another uninstall and download all the mods again, I've done that 14 times already and I would rather quit playing the game then do it again, I've spent waaaaay too much time downloading mods, getting them to work, and fixing problems, probably three times as much as I've actually been able to play. I can't handle having to go through that process again, so if I have to live with a purple Bravil I'll do it. I'll just pretend its a new fashion trend amongst the lower class lol, reminds me of a similar situation in which for some reason everyone that was supposed to have brown eyes had pure black ones, I pretended that one third of all human and elves (excluding dunmer) were demons lol

Edit: Is there any Bravil overhauls I could download? That could replace the textures I effed up, I don't really want to download Blood and Mud again (the voices drove me crazy and the npcs looked weird) so is there any other mod that would change Bravil?

Edited by flyboy1721

I know this might be kind of a stupid question, but is there ANY way to decrease the insane framerate of my Oblivion game? I could be wrong but I believe there were some mods or programs that improve game's framerate/graphics/CTD's , I don't know what programs they are but I know that there should be one. Please, my game really has insane framerate and it's impossible to play, it's like game freezes for several seconds each time I take a step or do something different. I need help.