ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

What mods are you currently working on?

Junnari

Think I'm going to work on finding a way with the GECK to disable the PC voice audio for either gender when it comes out. Put it up for a modders resource. Worst case scenario it means going through all the dialogue options and removing the play selected audio or some such.

I could remove it right now without the Creation Kit.

I can tell you how if you are interested, it's your game to do what you want with it. I personally think voiced player characters is the best thing to ever happen to the Fallout franchise, so I personally won't be doing it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'm going to work on finding a way with the GECK to disable the PC voice audio for either gender when it comes out. Put it up for a modders resource. Worst case scenario it means going through all the dialogue options and removing the play selected audio or some such.

I could remove it right now without the Creation Kit.

I can tell you how if you are interested, it's your game to do what you want with it. I personally think voiced player characters is the best thing to ever happen to the Fallout franchise, so I personally won't be doing it.

It would be if it were not for the fact that they used it as an excuse to give poor writing, limited options, and of course no chance of cohesive immersion in expanded storyline mods as a result.

It would be if it were not for the fact that they used it as an excuse to give poor writing, limited options, and of course no chance of cohesive immersion in expanded storyline mods as a result.

Everyone's a critic.

Those first two points are just opinion, which many do not share, and that third point I will prove you wrong by letting my mod do the talking (no pun intended). Words are for critics, artists let their work do the talking.

But anyways do you want to whine or do you want me to tell you how to remove it? It isn't that hard to change out sound files.

Everyone's a critic.

Those first two points are just opinion, which many do not share, and that third point I will prove you wrong by letting my mod do the talking (no pun intended). Words are for critics, artists let their work do the talking.

But anyways do you want to whine or do you want me to tell you how to remove it? It isn't that hard to change out sound files.

The level of ignorance in your reply is hilarious. So what are writers? Critics in your world? such a fool mess.

Why not just use mute player voice by KhaoMaat?

Edited by PoliteRaider

• 2 months later...

I had made this weapon model a little while back:

http://i.imgur.com/l2LBFI2.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/zwjvNQZ.jpg?1

and I'm re-imagining it with fallout's art style in mind. It's still an early WIP:

http://i.imgur.com/qcoOiNt.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/5UsqBFc.jpg?1

(yes I know I shouldn't concept in high poly, but I do what I want)

It'll make more sense when it's further along.

I also have this light/medium machine gun model I had worked collaboratively with another modeler on, but we decided that the game we made it for would be a bit of a waste since it's dead, so we are releasing it to fallout. Still needs a few tweaks to it so it can be modded in properly.

http://i.imgur.com/Dv5KQEy.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/stXqZC4.jpg?1

Later tonight I'm going to try to put together a mod that boosts Melee, Bashing, and unarmed damage for everyone wearing power armor (not just the player). I've always felt like punching someone while wearing a giant mechanical suit should've been a little more damaging than it is in the game by default.

I guess this technically counts as something I'm working on
it will probably never get anywhere though, I have that flash of ingenuity/no follow-through disease, and if I don't get back to playing the game again I'll never finish it after starting over 50 times or something because I'm just about to hit lexington for the first time this playthrough
I really need to finish the game so I can delete everything and then do a cleaner mods install since I almost know what I'm doing now
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4110840-i-accidentally-a-whole-new-storyline-for-all-kinds-of-crazy-good/
speaking of things and such, how does one even DO storyboarding?
GOD I HATE HOW CRASHY THIS GAME IS, AHHH
also something I can't show people, but have actually done and somehow taken the time to tweak details on, is general game balance - changed rocket weights, reduced ammo find chance from 75% chance-none from scrounger to 97% for .308 84/86% for .38, 88-92% for 5mm while also using less loot and ammo, while also integrating throwing weapons' level list and tweaking some stuff they did
tweaked a bunch of stuff, tried to give unique places for all the guns, like I don't care if a real gun someone else made the mod of, I'll make a mac-11 use 5mm even if its default is 10mm - and every variant of receiver is now automatic although slower firing by a lot than the 'automatic' ones, that's what I did, I want every gun and every bullet to be useable somehow reasonably well
and the gattling rifle has gone from great to terrible, it still fires pretty fast and on demand, but its damage per shot is terrible, just as I desired, an on demand quick scoping gun better be big on ammo wastage and inefficient elsewise
oh, but wait I forgot I'm using LOADS of ammo so basically when you get certain ammo types it's not a waste, this is the thinking I have, everything has a part to play in an elaborate dance with every other piece

I EVEN modded revolvers to have worse "beyond max range damage multiplier" and the bolt action rifles to have more than average
while the revolvers get better stuff involving firing while in VATS thus gameplay reinforcing how the things should feel lore wise, made a .50 cal and 12.7mm receiver out of the standard and tribarrel that are slower firing, heavier hitting for the minigun, just to give it an extra kick later on because I also am using DT so a boost to damage is a direct boost to "armour pierce" in a sense

generally speaking, I've been tweaking a variety of other people's mods to get an interwoven balance proper and appropriate to the feel I'm going for - just enough ammo to be able to use various guns, not enough to warrant wasting it as a primary gameplay choice of automatics until later - with enough early crazy enemy encounters to make me panic and do just that
also using new dawn and CSE, so like, my damage scales a bit per level, but so does their health, endurance matters more and I manually input endurance to most enemies that are melee, power armour, or big beasts, ghouls got some too - and edited my own exp to be much slower, while making enemies level scaling relative to my own at about 1.4 (so now I'm thinking tactically about what weapons I'm carrying for different purposes based on ammo and gun weights and scarcity)

at some point I'll probably think about perks too
I can say this much, IF, IF I CAN GET AROUND TO MAKING THE CHANGES MYSELF... INTO A STANDALONE... THAT INCORPORATES OTHER PEOPLES' MODS PROPERLY...
you will have one of the biggest mods ever out there
but honestly I suck at implementing things, I'm more of a concepts + tuneups kind of guy - I keep running these ideas around in my head
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4032895-guns-balances-gameplay-mods-chaos-oh-my-trying-to-go-for-a-comprehensive-fallout-1-2-tactics-feel-of-balance/

Edited by tartarsauce2

Later tonight I'm going to try to put together a mod that boosts Melee, Bashing, and unarmed damage for everyone wearing power armor (not just the player). I've always felt like punching someone while wearing a giant mechanical suit should've been a little more damaging than it is in the game by default.

think you could add a conditional boost to runspeed of say like 10% and some DR maybe say 10-20 for wearing a fist weapon? (represents being able to climb through rubble and take cover easier as there's nothing in your hand so to speak)

it's always seemed a bit unfair for fist weapons that they just like, always suck if they're not paralyzing in VATS, but I wouldn't want to make them one hit killers either and I'm inclined to kind of enjoy the melee/unarmed distinction for power armours being able to wield them

I tried, but have failed to do so myself - could also lend an interesting boost to enemies, give a bit of variance to them as well

just think of the deathclaws and behemoths :D

okay like don't, but, maybe... well anyways, would make fist weapons not need to compete on such slight differences with melee this way, that one raider that's getting to you faster would be interesting and subtle...

Edited by tartarsauce2