I dont think there should be a Fallout 5

Hexxagone

Well, I did not react on those points because that's always different depending on the player.
some want more of this, others more of that, while less on the first, ..............................................

You get my point.
But he did made quite a mistake on the exploring part.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is you're playing Bethesda's not very interesting character, you can't make one of your own, you can change the appearance of the character but that's it, the lack of skills means your choice of perks is limited if you don't want to end up screwed later on, so not only is your character pre defined but also the build. You have to play as the concerned parent even though they've given you no reason to be one, one peek at a plastic looking baby in a cot does not get the player invested. I couldn't give a damn about the baby or spouse yet this person I'm controlling on screen is almost hysterical about it at times. Bethesda haven't even tried to make an RPG, there are no choices, the dialogue is unbelievably limited, there isn't even a karma/reputation system, it's a poor mans Far Cry, Just Cause without the fun.

Well, I did not react on those points because that's always different depending on the player.

some want more of this, others more of that, while less on the first, ..............................................

You get my point.

But he did made quite a mistake on the exploring part.

I know, but it odd people don't know what an RPG is. Yet again PC doesn't have many types of them.

The problem is you're playing Bethesda's not very interesting character, you can't make one of your own, you can change the appearance of the character but that's it, the lack of skills means your choice of perks is limited if you don't want to end up screwed later on, so not only is your character pre defined but also the build. You have to play as the concerned parent even though they've given you no reason to be one, one peek at a plastic looking baby in a cot does not get the player invested. I couldn't give a damn about the baby or spouse yet this person I'm controlling on screen is almost hysterical about it at times. Bethesda haven't even tried to make an RPG, there are no choices, the dialogue is unbelievably limited, there isn't even a karma/reputation system, it's a poor mans Far Cry, Just Cause without the fun.

I have to disagree about the build part. The lack of skills never means less or limited builds. That makes no sense. The main problem is the lack of fun and good perks. Something beth is really bad at. A good perk system can easily replace the skill system and offer more flexibility to both RP and making builds. Yet again, beth is just bad at it.

And you are not restricted into a build at all. I have made many builds and they were vastly different from each other. A pyromanic, a child of atom, a beast master with a syringer, bomber, railroad heavy etc Some have no crafting perks, other have no hacking or lock picking. The only times I felt screwed is when it comes to outcomes of some quests. I don't even need the crafting perks since I can buy and loot weapon, armor and PA mods.

And there are choices. You have vault 81, wolf gang, city blues and it following quest, Cabot house, big dig, lost, blind and many in the main quest line. If I didn't like any, I just walk away.

Not quite correct, yes, no perks to begin with, but you can make the stats as you see fit, so, it's not quite a pre-made character.

The build, depends on how you put your stats.

And you build your build as you go.

As far as I know, this has always been the case in fallout.

But yes, about the spouse and thew baby, you're right, you're not, in any a way, related to it, so to speak.

As for RP, choices and the like, I cannot but agree there as well, I too have stated as much.

But will they learn, that's the question...

Not quite correct, yes, no perks to begin with, but you can make the stats as you see fit, so, it's not quite a pre-made character.

The build, depends on how you put your stats.

And you build your build as you go.

As far as I know, this has always been the case in fallout.

But yes, about the spouse and thew baby, you're right, you're not, in any a way, related to it, so to speak.

As for RP, choices and the like, I cannot but agree there as well, I too have stated as much.

But will they learn, that's the question...

When you level up in FO4 you don't get stronger, only the enemies get stronger, you have to take those perks that make you stronger, if you don't you'll end up in serious trouble later because the only way to complete 90% of the quests is by fighting people, if there is only one way to play the game then people are going to choose the best build for that. And no they won't learn, people have been complaining about dumbing down since Oblivion and yet the games get dumber with each release, Fallout 4 is the lowest rated Fallout game on steam, only one point ahead of Fallout 3, both are behind Tactics, will they care? nope, they'll just up the marketing budget for the next mindless release.

Dunno, I kind of like how it works.
Always has been like this, in FO.

Quite odd: I use MoreSpawns, HarderOpponents or something like that, I only save once I am at the end of my gaming session, and now the game to me is satisfying.

Then some want the exact opposite, like an Uber-Wuss Mode, or something.

Having everything handed to them.

I just can't get what the fun in that is...

Guess, there's something wrong with me.

But, you can always use pre-made bat files for Perks, you can mod yourself into actual God state modus.

I mean, if you do not like it as is, then change it.

The tools are there, for one there's Console.

Here's a decent list: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_console_commands

Just saying, you're not tied to however the game starts/works...

Edited by Klipperken

I think the games are better since oblivion in many areas. The followers, the scaling, the traders, the character creation and even some of the quests are better.

Personally, I don't care if it was dumped down if the end result was better. Let say character leveling, in oblivion it was trash but in Skyrim it was better, and Skyrim didn't have a pizza mini game, let you make zombies, grouped merchant skill and speech, playing a pure mage is legit and the perk system enriched builds.

And no, some spawns don't scale far. And you get win the game with no perks. But you have to be carful.

Edited by Boombro