I dont think there should be a Fallout 5

Hexxagone

I would consider 10-50 shortly after, although 50 would be a little much for what I'd want. Something that I would like to see and wish we had seen in F04 is a prewar individual being forced to do things that a normal person wouldn't do. We saw the female protagonist in FO4 go from 0-murder in 2.5 seconds like she was stepping into a warm bath.

You can RP her way she can murder people. It not that hard.

I would consider 10-50 shortly after, although 50 would be a little much for what I'd want.

I know, but to much rads, so little people and hardly anything to do really. It works more like a telltale game, or game with loading areas but not open world with 12940 of play time.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would consider 10-50 shortly after, although 50 would be a little much for what I'd want. Something that I would like to see and wish we had seen in F04 is a prewar individual being forced to do things that a normal person wouldn't do. We saw the female protagonist in FO4 go from 0-murder in 2.5 seconds like she was stepping into a warm bath.

You can RP her way she can murder people. It not that hard.

I would consider 10-50 shortly after, although 50 would be a little much for what I'd want.

I know, but to much rads, so little people and hardly anything to do really. It works more like a telltale game, or game with loading areas but not open world with 12940 of play time.

Giving her a reason in my head as to why she murders is not a reason outside of my head. They gave both parents a backstory and motivation but stopped short of exploring the way a wasteland would affect them. This could have easily been done in conversation with any number of NPC's. As for the lack of areas, there are plenty of places that were only hit lightly. If radiation is a problem then throw ghoulification into the mix, it isn't like those play as a ghoul mods aren't popular.

Giving her a reason in my head as to why she murders is not a reason outside of my head.

Step up your RP game man.

You don't have to meet the MM bunch in the first week of the game even. You can build up to it. Learn combat, level up etc. By the time you meet them, you fought moles, bugs, other people, animals and maybe other raiders you thought were handy NPCs.

It's not about RP. The game does not explore the psychological affects on your character going from suburban schmo to a killer, and no matter how long the character is in the wastes or how much combat training they get doesn't change that. Hunting an animal is not the same as killing a human being. I realize I'm simply wanting more depth from a writing staff that isn't capable of it, but it's a legit complaint from a game that decided to have the tone the mq is aiming for.

Well with the way they cycle game development, you'll get your wish regardless of why they do it. There were 2 years between FO3 and NV, and then a whopping 5 years between NV and FO4. I'm curious to see what the next Elder Scrolls is going to focus on, especially with them having the online game too. Those two will keep them busy long enough to put a few years between FO4 and 5.

They better have a better engine regardless if doing a new TES or FO game. I gave them a "Pass" for continuing the engine for FO4 but there were others out there busting Bethesda's balls for using the same, albeit improved RPG engine for over a decade now. Between the big money and recognition they got with Skyrim, and the stupid amount of money and recognition they made with FO4, there are no more excuses for the future.

Well with the way they cycle game development, you'll get your wish regardless of why they do it. There were 2 years between FO3 and NV, and then a whopping 5 years between NV and FO4. I'm curious to see what the next Elder Scrolls is going to focus on, especially with them having the online game too. Those two will keep them busy long enough to put a few years between FO4 and 5.

They better have a better engine regardless if doing a new TES or FO game. I gave them a "Pass" for continuing the engine for FO4 but there were others out there busting Bethesda's balls for using the same, albeit improved RPG engine for over a decade now. Between the big money and recognition they got with Skyrim, and the stupid amount of money and recognition they made with FO4, there are no more excuses for the future.

Yeah I agree. I think Skyrim and FO4 both looked pretty good, and I'd bet just about anything they're going to release a high res texture pack for FO4 just like they did Skyrim. But, the competition has shown games can look a hell of a lot better, and especially by the time they get around to making FO5 or the next TES, something major needs to improve.

Ah, same old same old "engine is bad".

It's not that the engine is bad, it's just that it can be SO much better. Just look at Farcry or Crisis..

Edited by Evil D

It's not that the engine is bad, it's just that it can be SO much better. Just look at Farcry or Crisis..

CK is already better than them, it allows a lot of density on screen, handle strain and really open and read-able. You only talk about how they look like, and that can already be made in the CK engine today but it will take at least another three years.

CK is already better than them, it allows a lot of density on screen, handle strain and really open and read-able. You only talk about how they look like, and that can already be made in the CK engine today but it will take at least another three years.

Well, all those things matter too, but lets be honest, graphics matter. I sure as hell didn't spend a fortune building a gaming PC to play 2006 graphics. Yes, I want all that other stuff, but I want the graphics too. This isn't Minecraft after all.