RIP 4th Amendment..

SpellAndShield

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Just think about this for a second. Everyone should be terrified when a policeman enters your home AND you should make darn sure you do NOT try to protect yourself out of fear of being convicted...even if they were in the wrong to enter your home.

Here's the awesome part.....wait for it....burglars and kidnappers now have the ultimate weapon to disarm you. A fake police uniform and a real weapon. Now the criminals can put on this ultimate uniform without fear of anyone trying to harm them.

This is almost as awesome as GUN FREE zones!

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Just think about this for a second. Everyone should be terrified when a policeman enters your home AND you should make darn sure you do NOT try to protect yourself out of fear of being convicted...even if they were in the wrong to enter your home.

Here's the awesome part.....wait for it....burglars and kidnappers now have the ultimate weapon to disarm you. A fake police uniform and a real weapon. Now the criminals can put on this ultimate uniform without fear of anyone trying to harm them.

Time for a new line of work, in Indiana? :D

Oh..... crap. o_O o_O

That is one SERIOUSLY scary thought. And more than likely, yeah... that's probly gonna happen to at least ONE female, living by themself.

There was a woman that was pulled aside, leaving a wal-mart by a man dressed in a police uniform, here in KC not so long ago. The man said that he had witnessed her shoplifting, and to accompany him to the police station. He handcuffed her and took her to an "unmarked" police car in a different parking lot, and proceeded to rape her right there in broad daylight in a public parking lot.

Or some elderly couple getting one of these fake cops kicking in their door.

And now the robbers can kick in your door in broad daylight, by just changing their clothes!! WONDERFUL! Lets hear it for the criminal!

Wow... that news about Indiana is just total and complete BS.

Ya know, I've always thought to myself, that if I was to ever leave the US, I'd like to see what Australia is like. I'm really starting to wish that I had the cash for that.

Now granted... the individual states, and cities do have some say in this. As well as the individual law enforcement agencies. I dont see too many police officers want to endanger themselves by just barging into a house without backup. Some of these guys may have a god complex, but when a bunch of them end up getting shot at, it's going to change their minds.

And... now that I'm thinking about this... the media is gonna go nuts on this, when it starts getting about. I see a lot of tv shows where officers break into somebody's house and end up getting hurt. Or people defending themselves against such actions and being on trial. That kinda stuff.

Even when they can't vocalize against it, the media (aka movies and tv) can still put out some of the worse case scenarios to make people think things over.

Meh.... then there's those loonies who think the world is gonna end tonight, so why worry? HAHAHA.

Edited by DarkeWolf

I makes me think back when tazers where introduced...initially as an alternative to using a gun. Sure, that makes all kinds of sense to the common person. But how many YouTube videos have we all seen where a cop is using a tazer as a means of control and domination...rather than an alternative to using a gun?

:facepalm:

I agree LHammonds.

Where is force that can abused, it will be abused!

So I make an old question who watches the watchmen?

In my country the police needs search warrant from a judge and the judge will give it only if the have sufficient suspicion, else only a direct imminent danger to health or life must be obvious to make such intrusion....

Amnesty International annual report of my country this year and last year complained that judges don't rule strict about policemen/ women that abuses their powers to enforce the laws.

I don't need to say more where I see a problem there in the US

Edited by SilverDNA

It used to be, that if the COP smelled something, it was insufficient cause for a search, however, if the DOG smelled something, that was considered sufficient. Now, the cops can wander past your door, and knock, and when you flush your toilet, burst in without a warrant...... Peachy. We are rapidly becoming a police state.

Exactly.

EDIT by LHammonds: Let me introduce you to the power of the EDIT button: (double and triple posting is not allowed...if your post is the last, use the edit button to add your comments)

I hate the police, never had a good experience with them and are totally abusive of their authority.

Last year I fell asleep on the subway (in NYC) at 3 am in the morning; I was literally dragged out of the train car onto the platform by the police, stripsearched down to my boxers and fined $100 because 'sleeping' is not allowed on the subway? Mind you, I was the only person in my car. There is no city or state law against sleeping on the subway btw. :mellow:

If we didn't have our ridiculous 'War on Drugs' these rulings would be A LOT harder to pass.

I agree LHammonds.

Where is force that can abused, it will be abused!

So I make an old question who watches the watchmen?

In my country the police needs search warrant from a judge and the judge will give it only if the have sufficient suspicion, else only a direct imminent danger to health or life must be obvious to make such intrusion....

Amnesty International annual report of my country this year and last year complained that judges don't rule strict about policemen/ women that abuses their powers to enforce the laws.

I don't need to say more where I see a problem there in the US

You also have Eigenbedarf laws that we don't have. Oh well.

So what brought them to this change? Did they have a long, long debate over it or did they just swap out the rules for the sake of one incident?

Guess my view of the police is far less critical. One of my neighbors is a policeman, he seems like an okay guy. Then again, this is rural Georgia.

So what brought them to this change? Did they have a long, long debate over it or did they just swap out the rules for the sake of one incident?

Guess my view of the police is far less critical. One of my neighbors is a policeman, he seems like an okay guy. Then again, this is rural Georgia.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I think that the biggest - and possibly the most frightening - implication of all this is that this removes the checks-and-balances system. The judicial branch threw away a crucial link in having checks and balances over the executive. It makes way for autocracy.

I see a lot of emigration from this police state in the next century...