Hoping about modders transfer their creations to GECK

Starch

Hoping about modders transfer their creations to GECK. I have a number of mods already but I was wonder if the creators of the originals mods would transfer their mods for GECK mods.

Seems to me that most do eventually anyway. I can't remember ever DL'ing a mod for FO3 that wasn't in GECK "format", and I was late to the party with that game so by the time I got into mods they were either all transferred over or the ones that were not just fell off the site completely, so if they're good mods then they seemed to stick around.

With xEdit and G.E.C.K. it ends up being a lot more complicated than that. They're simply two tools that can be used, for some projects you might use one and for other projects you might use the other. A large number of mods are made with both.

At the end of the day, if you want to know about a mod's stability there is nothing better than looking at how it's worked for other users. Look at the endorsements, the bug reports, the discussion pages and the author's comments.

Also variety doesn't come into it. You don't have to choose and only get one or the other, regardless of which tool was used to make them you can just load them all into NMM and it will handle them all the same.

If you trust a mod author to write a mod then trust their choice of tools to complete the project. If you don't trust the mod author then you probably shouldn't download the mod.

Made in GECK isn't some kind of branding that will magically make a mod better.

In actuality, there is a high probability of a ton of crappy mods being made in the GECK. Having official tools that everyone gets access too merely means that more people will be able to make mods. It does not mean that they will make good mods, or stable mods.

Just my two caps.

Made in GECK isn't some kind of branding that will magically make a mod better.

In actuality, there is a high probability of a ton of crappy mods being made in the GECK. Having official tools that everyone gets access too merely means that more people will be able to make mods. It does not mean that they will make good mods, or stable mods.

Just my two caps.

Good point. Also, the thing to remember is that if a mod is really good it will be popular, and popular mods are almost always updated and kept up to date, even when the author abandons the mod someone will usually take over. So, GECK or not, they'll at least be updated and still be usable in the future.

For me, it's nice being able to make my own tweaks with the GECK. I often DL weapon mods and tweak the damage or other stats for my own personal use.

Just heard the mods are more stable and the variety increase a lot.

xEdit (FO4Edit) is usually used to clean mods made by the CK, so there isnt really a "more stable" scenario here .

The CK certainly makes it easier for people new to modding to create mods, which does increase variety, but then also has the catch 22 of making it easier for mods to have bugs and conflicts (scripts...scripts never change...).

Id like to say im looking forward to the level building, easier quest production, and progression with scripting that the CK will bring, but really im preparing for the mess that will come at first lol.