Corrections to file stats

Dark0ne

Just to let you guys know we're still looking into a few small problems with the stats, relating to what was posted before - some of the newer mods uploaded this month might be a little bit off - it's quite time consuming to get to the bottom of these issues as there is a lot of data involved!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #35425880. #35438800 is also a reply to the same post.

hagyjalbeken wrote: Wow, that makes me actually feel more content, but i encountered a small annoyance.

I only just started all this modding thing, actually have only two puny more or less unknown mods,
One of my mods has now less uniques than it should, because i accidentaly deleted the old version of the file when i uploaded a newer version some weeks ago, so the old one was not counted again for the uniques, only shows up for the old unchanged overall download numbers. Not that it bothers me much, it is just a small clumsy armour retexture with around 400 downloads, but maybe some people have the same problem with more popular mods. (I know that this probably can't be fixed, just saying.)

But i am glad that it is fixed, it was bothering me. I couldn't figure out how on earth did my other mod have around 1800 unique downloads, when the the main file has only 1200 and all the other stuff i uploaded for it are body type patches. Human foolishness can be endless, but i was sure there are no 600 fools who only downloaded a single patch. Also i am notoriously bad at anything that is related to math, so it is good to know that the mistake was not on my end and i can maybe count more than my fingers.

So thank you for fixing this :)
Zaldiir wrote: Deleted files are counted as well. :)

Ok you are right, big facepalm, i think i counted something that i shouldn't have. But my first thought when i looked at the new numbers was that the endorsement-download ratio is now much better than it should and it's cheating :D (i mean more than 10% for a lousy retex with minimum downloads, what?) Nevermind, i'll think twice before i talk next time :)

In response to post #35425880. #35438800, #35458210 are all replies on the same post.

hagyjalbeken wrote: Wow, that makes me actually feel more content, but i encountered a small annoyance.

I only just started all this modding thing, actually have only two puny more or less unknown mods,
One of my mods has now less uniques than it should, because i accidentaly deleted the old version of the file when i uploaded a newer version some weeks ago, so the old one was not counted again for the uniques, only shows up for the old unchanged overall download numbers. Not that it bothers me much, it is just a small clumsy armour retexture with around 400 downloads, but maybe some people have the same problem with more popular mods. (I know that this probably can't be fixed, just saying.)

But i am glad that it is fixed, it was bothering me. I couldn't figure out how on earth did my other mod have around 1800 unique downloads, when the the main file has only 1200 and all the other stuff i uploaded for it are body type patches. Human foolishness can be endless, but i was sure there are no 600 fools who only downloaded a single patch. Also i am notoriously bad at anything that is related to math, so it is good to know that the mistake was not on my end and i can maybe count more than my fingers.

hagyjalbeken wrote: Ok you are right, big facepalm, i think i counted something that i shouldn't have. But my first thought when i looked at the new numbers was that the endorsement-download ratio is now much better than it should and it's cheating :D (i mean more than 10% for a lousy retex with minimum downloads, what?) Nevermind, i'll think twice before i talk next time :)

It's awesome to see a better endorsements/download ratio for all the mods out there. :D

I just wanted to point out a bit of a bug that occurred with adjusting the unique downloads downwards... I was added to the mod author user group (with access to the forums) back in February with just over 1000 downloads on my two patch files (not real mods, but it counts!)

As of right now I'm sitting at 989 or so unique downloads... not enough to be in the mod author user group. Of course I'm still a part of it (and it'd be a bit odd to remove me retroactively... nearly as odd as it was to be added in the first place!).

This is gonna make it a bit harder for new mod authors to access those supersecret ultra awesome forums (they're not actually that exciting, but I like to say that ;P )

In response to post #35479065.

Thallassa wrote:

I just wanted to point out a bit of a bug that occurred with adjusting the unique downloads downwards... I was added to the mod author user group (with access to the forums) back in February with just over 1000 downloads on my two patch files (not real mods, but it counts!)

As of right now I'm sitting at 989 or so unique downloads... not enough to be in the mod author user group. Of course I'm still a part of it (and it'd be a bit odd to remove me retroactively... nearly as odd as it was to be added in the first place!).

This is gonna make it a bit harder for new mod authors to access those supersecret ultra awesome forums (they're not actually that exciting, but I like to say that ;P )

Same here, the update cut my unique downloads roughly in half bringing me below 1000.

But i think the change is a very good one, so the downloads vs. endorsement ratio should reflect the actual user appreciation a bit better. Edited by ScrollTron1c

In response to post #35425880. #35438800, #35458210, #35471260 are all replies on the same post.

hagyjalbeken wrote: Ok you are right, big facepalm, i think i counted something that i shouldn't have. But my first thought when i looked at the new numbers was that the endorsement-download ratio is now much better than it should and it's cheating :D (i mean more than 10% for a lousy retex with minimum downloads, what?) Nevermind, i'll think twice before i talk next time :)
Zaldiir wrote: It's awesome to see a better endorsements/download ratio for all the mods out there. :D

if others are like me, having a better DL/Endorsed ratio will increase interest in a mod. always thought it was strange when even the best mods had only 10:1 endorsement ratios.