The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me whether a Nvidia Geforce GTX 280m video card for laptop would be equal to/ better than a Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 video card for desktop?

GTX 260 is the recommended for Skyrim, but I have a 260m, which doesn't meet the requirements. I'm thinking of replacing my 260m for a 280m. If I did, would I then meet the recommended specs?

Intel Core i7 CPU 2.67GHz

6 GB ram

Win 7 64 bit

Nvidia Geforce GTX 275

(Does that make sense? Not into this sort of stuff... )

What settings would my computer be able to play this at?

Thanks.

This should give you pretty high settings (Very High, to be more precise), since it's above recommended.

Intel Core i7 CPU 2.67GHz

6 GB ram

Win 7 64 bit

Nvidia Geforce GTX 275

(Does that make sense? Not into this sort of stuff... )

What settings would my computer be able to play this at?

Thanks.

This should give you pretty high settings (Very High, to be more precise), since it's above recommended.

Sweet, thanks.

Alright, I have asked this before and gotten an answer, but I want more specific.

I have all the recommended requirements, and some above. I have 4GB RAM, BUT I have 32-bit system, which only recognizes around 3.2 GB of RAM.

Will this ruin the game or will I still be able to play on high settings?

Alright, I have asked this before and gotten an answer, but I want more specific.

I have all the recommended requirements, and some above. I have 4GB RAM, BUT I have 32-bit system, which only recognizes around 3.2 GB of RAM.

You'll be fine, I doubt the game will get anywhere near the 2gb limit for 32bit apps.

This will not have any impact on your performance. Just make sure before you start the game that you still have at least 2Gb of RAM free.

I'm worried about my CPU giving issues, but the rest meets the requirements,

Dual Core 2.9Ghz Intel CPU

3gb Ram

Sapphire Radeon HD 6870

Win 7 32 bit

Any idea if I should be able to at least push it on high? I don't really have the cash to upgrade my CPU right now, which will require a new motherboard as well as new RAM as well.