OMOBS/MOBS FCOM Confusion

silverjoe

hi all,

i am incredibly confused regarding MOBS/OMOBS,

i am using a full FCOM setup, UOP, all DLC'S e..c.t

so could someone please explain

what MOBS/OMOBS plugins do i use

do i need any replacers for unnoficial oblivion patch.esp and unnoficial shivering isles patch.esp, same goes for DLC plugings, i understand MOBS is for frans, and OMOBS is for FCOM, but their only seems to be plugins to replace UOP/USIP/UOMP with MOBS stats... i am in a dilemma

at the mo i am just using OMOBS_SI.esp

is there anything else i need, for DLC, FCOM, Frans, UOP, USIP, UOMP e..ct

cheers all, sorry for been such a newb

Edited by silverjoe

also, my BOSS log says:

Note: Use Standalone MOBS if using Frans or OMOBS if using FCOM/OOO. Both versions can be found here: "http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28537"

does that mean i delete Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp and just use OMOBS_SI.esp?

same goes for shivering isles patch

Note: When using Francesco's and/or FCOM, use the non-MOBS version of this patch and the standalone MOBS/OMOBS mods.

so what does that mean? i am already using the non-MOBS (default UOP download i presume)

It's a bit confusing, I don't know what ate MOBs and OMOBs, not sure if it is something new that I don't know about (I have not played Oblivion for a long time)... still I think you mean MODs and OMODs.

Well, if so, MOD is the "Modification" in the game, almost all these files you'll download form Nexus site fall in that category... they are normally packed in 7z format (a kind of zip file).

OMOD is a file from a utility called "OBMM" -> "Oblivion Mod Manager" which by it's usefulness is a MUST have to make life much more ease. Actually OMOD is the same MOD and indeed is a 7z packed file like the original mod, only it has an extra configuration folder which can keep track of what it installs and makes it much easier to maintain the mods base in the game.

The message from BOSS means if using ONLY Franscesco's overhaul (Frans) you should prefer the "tradicional mod" you'll need to install by hand. if using FCOM (which is a work meant to put together all those Big overhauls which would conflict badly otherwise) is recommended using the OMOD version since it will facilitate a lot the installation.

Still, I think you are starting just now in the modding scene, you should go ease, trying smaller mods first. It's your call, but you must know things will become yet more complex when actually trying to sort load order problems and the likes.

At this point I hope you know all the utilities needed to such task, one almost "Sine Quae Non" is Wrie's Bash... These two (Vrie's bash and OBMM) you must have already downloaded and installed before even trying to install FCOM.

Edited by nosisab

No, he means OMOBS. Use OMOBS if you're using FCOM. The Files tab (from the download link I just posted) will tell you that. Don't use regular MOBS if you're using OMOBS. If you have Shivering Isles, use OMOBS_SI.esp instead of the regular OMOBS.esp.

The notes have context. What the note under USIP is saying is that the MOBS file, which is also named Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp for convenience, should not be used. Instead, use the regular USIP file, then use the OMOBS file, which is recommended for FCOM.

It actually makes sense if you take it slow. Try to slow down and relax lol. Don't panic. You'll get it right if you're patient.

Edited by UNKNOWNYMOUS

Now I'll need to search thoroughly to learn what is OMOB, if not for another reason, just because being curious and curious :)

Edit: Apologies to the OP, I should have searched for MOBS first time (omob returned no result... and I took the s for plural)

Edited by nosisab