I wonder.. is this really hardcore ?....

RelicDuDe

So give the player a portable bedroll. If sleeping bags are as described and won't let you 'sleep for extended periods' but still let you save your game, all you need to do is find a corner outside of combat and you still have your save function completely intact and on-hand. You won't get any rest bonuses and it won't keep your character from passing out, but if you gotta quit the game for your day job or your game crashes from running 48 mod plugins, a portable sleeping bag would be sufficient.

Only crashes I've experienced with FO4 thus far on a mid-to-high range gaming rig were due to a single incompatable mod. And later, because I attempted to use disable/enable/setscale functions on an object in the crafting menu while I was actively holding it for placement. Holding things that don't exist is probably asking a lot of a game.

Edited by Pthalo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So give the player a portable bedroll. If sleeping bags are as described and won't let you 'sleep for extended periods' but still let you save your game, all you need to do is find a corner outside of combat and you still have your save function completely intact and on-hand. You won't get any rest bonuses and it won't keep your character from passing out, but if you gotta quit the game for your day job or your game crashes from running 48 mod plugins, a portable sleeping bag would be sufficient.

Only crashes I've experienced with FO4 thus far on a mid-to-high range gaming rig were due to a single incompatable mod. And later, because I attempted to use disable/enable/setscale functions on an object in the crafting menu while I was actively holding it for placement. Holding things that don't exist is probably asking a lot of a game.

That is so cheaty TBH.

Any leftovers from enb? And what system?

Dont use ENB.. unless you count DCmoods as an ENB, but it doesnt use the Boris preset... so..

My system runs on Win7.

And I thought oblivion was an unstable game.

Oh, me!

Oblivion runs better on my system then FO3 ever did. That too crashes now and then... but its playable. The only Beth game that hardly ever crashes so far, of FO4.

Its weird.. Skyrim runs 5+ hours crash-free one day, the next it CTD's twice an hour. Nothing changed in between, not even my character. There is just no telling.. only thing that's certain about a Beth game.. is that it will crash.. can take 5 minutes... can take 5 hours... but it will crash.

Therefore.. auto-save is a must.... the no save while playing a Beth game... is just undo-able. it also has nothing to do with difficulty, its a handicap, not a difficulty setting. You wont get better, the npc's wont get better... the game doesn't get harder.. it's just a turn-off, having to play hours over again because of a crash, or an error.. and what if you are somewhere that you cant sleep, and you need a toilet break, or have to quit for some reason... or an emergency.. nah.. no save is not an option.