Skywind is coming to Nexus Mods

SirSalami

In response to post #35832025. #35918580 is also a reply to the same post.

chazo136 wrote: Do I have to own the PC version of Morrowind or would the Xbox version suffice?
logan1710 wrote: It's ok, you will be agreeing however that you own a copy of morrowind in one way or another (old xbox/pc version or on steam/GOG).

Yes, you need to own a copy of Morrowind on PC for this to work, as well as Skyrim. It's in the mod's coding to require a legal PC copy of Morrowind, so it's not sufficient to own the XBox version.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #35842820. #35854110 is also a reply to the same post.

diyeath wrote: At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. That project seems a whole lot like vapor-ware.
davschall wrote: I could come up with a whole slew of rebuttals for that asinine comment but instead ill just leave this

"I want free stuff and I want it now!" -Some people.

Good job i say, while they don't have a release date at least now it can be advertised by nexus and others more (i mean come on ITS OWN PAGE ! sweet!

as for it taking ages to come out this will most likely have an influx of people wanting to help with it shortening the process ^_^.

if you want something closer to being complete i would be looking out for Enderal by SureAI (also no release date but they have the bulk of the work down at least to the extent that they will Most likely be done way before beth decides to release another elderscrolls game lol.

Very cool stuff! glad people are dragging the creation engine through its paces still, personal opinion it was half wasted on vanilla skyrim :/ Can't wait for Morrowind *Again* xD

In response to post #35832025. #35918580, #35931870 are all replies on the same post.

chazo136 wrote: Do I have to own the PC version of Morrowind or would the Xbox version suffice?
logan1710 wrote: It's ok, you will be agreeing however that you own a copy of morrowind in one way or another (old xbox/pc version or on steam/GOG).
trepmaws wrote: Yes, you need to own a copy of Morrowind on PC for this to work, as well as Skyrim. It's in the mod's coding to require a legal PC copy of Morrowind, so it's not sufficient to own the XBox version.

I'd advise getting a PC copy if you dont have one anyway. Morrowind is love.

this brings a tear of joy to my eye to see nexus support skywind and even build its own category within the skyrim nexus. This is truly a dream come true. I have been going to school to learn 3d design in hopes of contributing atleast just one texture map or 3d mesh to the project. I really love the dedication and passion of fans all around the globe manifested in this project, its great to see that the nexus is going to help out with that.

Sounds good to me. It's been years since I played Morrowind and yet I can still hear those darned guards saying "move along" Now it seems there's a chance I might actually be able to move 'them' along - and in short order, with something pointy. I wish the Skywind team every success :)

In response to post #35876815.

Katy420 wrote: .... The comments to this, like omg.

No it won't require Morrowind.

Anyway I just came in my pants a little thinking that this is still in development and going strong, the nexus will even give it its OWN pages? That's unprecedented and totally worthy of the awesome community that made it possible. I wish I had more to give them now, it's a damn shame. I never thought this thing would happen, at least not like THIS. It's a testament to the modding community here.

From the Skywind FAQ:
2. Q: What will I need to run Skywind?

A: Currently, Skywind is not available for public download due to its alpha state. When it is released you will need the following:

TES III: Morrowind, including the Bloodmoon and Tribunal expansions installed correctly on your system.
TES V: Skyrim + Dragonborn and Dawnguard expansions (not hearthfire)
YOU NEED LEGITIMATE COPIES OF BOTH GAMES - even if you defeat the copy protection somehow, pirated copies of the games DO NOT WORK RIGHT with Skywind and you WILL have problems. Also, please do not post "help me" threads about pirated games; you will be banned from the site.

In response to post #35832025. #35918580, #35931870, #35942615 are all replies on the same post.

trepmaws wrote: Yes, you need to own a copy of Morrowind on PC for this to work, as well as Skyrim. It's in the mod's coding to require a legal PC copy of Morrowind, so it's not sufficient to own the XBox version.
ApostasyPlague wrote: I'd advise getting a PC copy if you dont have one anyway. Morrowind is love.

No @trepmaws. This has been changed in the last months.
As I said above, it's not necessary anymore owning a copy of Morrowind on PC, since the mod does not require anymore assets from that game.

Upon installation you will be agreeing however that you own a copy of morrowind for xbox/pc and/or steam/GOG.

But I quote @ApostasyPlague Edited by logan1710