Skywind is coming to Nexus Mods

SirSalami

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #39286780.

ShadowReaper31 wrote: I wonder what will happen with this project now that Skyrim's special edition is being released. I can't imagine it needs to be upgraded further because classic skyrim will still outstrip the new ones graphics by a mile. but just a thought

I doubt to much will change.. We will probably just continue playing 32 bit.. Especially as the new 64 bit wont play it..

In response to post #39286780. #39810040 is also a reply to the same post.

ShadowReaper31 wrote: I wonder what will happen with this project now that Skyrim's special edition is being released. I can't imagine it needs to be upgraded further because classic skyrim will still outstrip the new ones graphics by a mile. but just a thought
crwnprince wrote: I doubt to much will change.. We will probably just continue playing 32 bit.. Especially as the new 64 bit wont play it..

I wouldn't get the 64 bit for awhile. Mainr eason being, the same reason Fallout 4 Modding is a pain. I expect the 64 bit to break alot of mods, and force you to relearn how to activate your mods. After all it will use the same crappy built in mod user and service.

• 1 month later...
In response to post #41103040. #41323685 is also a reply to the same post.

Bridgitte01 wrote: Any update on the release date of this? Just want to put in my diary - tks
Dukoth wrote: it has no release date, and it likely wont for a long, long time

give a couple of years and then ask again

I agree its doubtfull it will be released. I will definitely be a huge supporter if it does

• 2 weeks later...
In response to post #39286780. #39810040, #39986590 are all replies on the same post.

crwnprince wrote: I doubt to much will change.. We will probably just continue playing 32 bit.. Especially as the new 64 bit wont play it..
ruyihitomuri wrote: I wouldn't get the 64 bit for awhile. Mainr eason being, the same reason Fallout 4 Modding is a pain. I expect the 64 bit to break alot of mods, and force you to relearn how to activate your mods. After all it will use the same crappy built in mod user and service.

Are you aware that the Skyrim Remaster is going to be classified as a separate Steam game, and not just an update to Skyrim?

• 3 months later...
In response to post #39286780. #39810040, #39986590, #41800640 are all replies on the same post.

ruyihitomuri wrote: I wouldn't get the 64 bit for awhile. Mainr eason being, the same reason Fallout 4 Modding is a pain. I expect the 64 bit to break alot of mods, and force you to relearn how to activate your mods. After all it will use the same crappy built in mod user and service.
RoboticPlayer wrote: Are you aware that the Skyrim Remaster is going to be classified as a separate Steam game, and not just an update to Skyrim?

Skywind will be switching to the remastered edition so you might as well get it in readiness, makes perfect sense considering how unstable 32 bit bugesda titles are in comparison to the 64 bit remaster, I can run everything in 4k with a full enb/reshade combo no fps dips, no annoying micro stutter

In response to post #36057730. #36372180 is also a reply to the same post.

bben46 wrote:

will I have to pay for the mod?

If the mod is uploaded to Nexus - it will be FREE. Nexus does not charge for any mod and never has. :cool:

However we do require that you actually have a legal and not a pirated version of the games we support to use the site.

CloudQuest wrote: Which means you need both Skyrim AND Morrowind.

Can you please explain the reason to own a copy of Morrowind?

As far as I know all assets were redone so what is the legal reason to insist on owning Morrowind? (It is not a problem for me because I own the TES anthology but I can't find a real explanation for your requirement.)

If you don't use the original assets and don't call the outcome of your work "Morrowind" Beth wouldn't own any copyright on anything in it (except maybe some other names, I would have to look that up...).

The situation is the same like MacDonald's can't forbid Burgerking sell quite the same burgers as long as they don't use the same names. Nobody owns the rights on the idea of a burger!

Anybody is free to use the ideas behind TES. All that Beth owns are at most a few naming rights. If you would rename these parts that are covered by trademarks it's legally absolut ok to place something in the TES universe. Nobody can actually do anything about that. That's a fact.

Edit: I'm asking out of curiosity. I would even buy a modern remake of Morrowind although I have a legal copy of the original. I really loved that game and am extremely excited about Skywind! Can't barely wait for the release! Edited by LatFranklin