Downloading issues

Dark0ne

In response to post #35721627.

jfleegle wrote: I seem to be noticing a pattern with the downloading issue. The Mods that give the popup suggesting a donation won't work, but the ones that do aren't working. For instance, Better Settlers, http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4772 , downloaded fine, but Visible Companion Affinity, http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10660 , won't download.

The pattern you might have seen is depending on how this migration process works, as a general guess there are some complicated scripts running for full speed to transition the former setup to the new more secure one. Those scripts don't care if a modder have enabled a donation popup or not. I's more a question where in the SQL queue this one is placed or when the mod was released.

Secondly for load balancing nexus use the services of a CDN provider, all changes in nexus needs time to propagate out to all servers this provider has before it works well.

So I suggest just wait till the process has been completed.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad to know what's going on. Up to now, I had no idea where the issue lay, if anything would be done (or even could be done), or even on whose end the problem was. This announcement is a relief. Even if things get worse before they get better, at least now I know that they will. So, thank you for keeping us all in the loop!

In response to post #35723727. #35724012, #35724302, #35724677 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: Things should now be fixed.
RagamuffinSkullman wrote: They are. Thank you. :D
Ermahgerd1 wrote: Im still having trouble downloading.
jwh0726 wrote: as of 14:04 I'm Still unable to download any files.

Hasty are you?

Secondly for load balancing nexus use the services of a CDN provider, all changes in nexus needs time to propagate out to all servers this provider has before it works well.

So I suggest just wait till the process has been completed. Edited by Nimboss