What would you have done

grannywils

If you had been sworn into the office of President of the United States of America on January 20, 2009, given the exact circumstances that existed on that date, what specifically would you have done differently (or the same if you prefer) from what has been done by our current president? By the circumstances that existed on that date, I refer to the adminstration that was being replaced, and anything that was left behind for him to attend to, and the Congress and Supreme Court with which he would be dealing on that date, as well as the world as it existed on that date. Try to remember that hindsight is 20/20. If possible, just go with what we knew then.

Please pick a category of your choice, and expound on it. i.e. his administration choices, the economy, foreign policy, domestic policy, health care, or whatever you choose. But please name your choice and try to stick with just one (at a time)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably go completely nuts and get myself dead by offending the Tea Party--I'd have seriously raised hell about the issues of equality and diversity.

Broken records for the number of veto's used.

Actually focused on the economy instead of a healthcare bill that does nothing to improve healthcare.

Closed down TARP and demanded our money back.

Let GM fail.

etc.

Please run you have at least one vote.

Actually focused on the economy instead of a healthcare bill that does nothing to improve healthcare.

Let GM fail.

etc.

Please run you have at least one vote.

Two and a half votes, actually. Jim for Secretary of Treasurer.

Let GM fail.

etc.

I would want a stronger healthcare bill, but it would be a better idea to focus on the economy instead of trying to pass a healthcare bill that does nothing.

To add to your list, I would also legalize all drugs, stop all foreign aid, stop every current war, try to pass a bill to finance elections with tax dollars, so private funds do not have a upper hand with politicians winning a election, would try to rewrite the current tax system and err... That is all I can think of for now.

Let GM fail.

etc.

I would want a stronger healthcare bill, but it would be a better idea to focus on the economy instead of trying to pass a healthcare bill that does nothing.

To add to your list, I would also legalize all drugs, stop all foreign aid, stop every current war, try to pass a bill to finance elections with tax dollars, so private funds do not have a upper hand with politicians winning a election, would try to rewrite the current tax system and err... That is all I can think of for now.

While I agree with legalization it is not something the President could accomplish with the current Congress. I am completely opposed to tax funded elections. Some of the other things I am in partial agreement but again, I think grannywils is looking for a bit of reality, she can correct me if I am wrong.