Survival Mode will be on beta next week

Boombro

I think everyone agrees that toggles would be the most desirable situation, even if you are really into the survival mode idea (Like myself.)

In actual practice being able to toggle it is a mildly acceptable option. In my personal opinion however, I would rather there just not be a 'make the game no fun option' there to begin with.

In reality, Bethesda is going to give you more health, have bullets do less damage, and make death less common to balance the fact that you can't save. They are simply not going to make the combat as much of a challenge as I personally would, because they are handicapping themselves with the no save option. No more having to play through a battle 10 times to figure out how to win.

Everything in game design comes down to balance, and one does not simply toggle on and off half a dozen options and still have balance. It is already damn near impossible to balance a proper level design when modding a Bethesda title because of the vast amounts of other available mods that change everything... This is just making it harder on everyone to design good gameplay whenever they design a new area with a big battle or anything.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reality, Bethesda is going to give you more health, have bullets do less damage, and make death less common to balance the fact that you can't save.

Actually according to the released information they're going to implement the Adrenaline system to counterbalance the lack of saving, in which your character's performance is dynamically improved by the amount of significant gameplay that has occurred between your last save and the present which is a far more elegant solution.

And you keep repeating the "Make the game no fun" mantra, which is still an opinion sir.. I respect that it is your opinion, but you really should try to understand that that isn't everyone's opinion......

They also stated that damage would be heightened for both players and NPC's, so theres that, too.

And you keep repeating the "Make the game no fun" mantra, which is still an opinion sir.. I respect that it is your opinion, but you really should try to understand that that isn't everyone's opinion......

Doesn't mean I have to like it. I have the right to dislike really bad ideas on an internet message board if I so choose.

In reality, Bethesda is going to give you more health, have bullets do less damage, and make death less common to balance the fact that you can't save.

Actually according to the released information they're going to implement the Adrenaline system to counterbalance the lack of saving, in which your character's performance is dynamically improved by the amount of significant gameplay that has occurred between your last save and the present which is a far more elegant solution.

They also doing it metro style.

You deal more damage, just like the hostile actors.

They also doing it metro style.

You deal more damage, just like the hostile actors.

Oh okay, I hadn't heard about that.

Yeah I can see why you don't like that.

Edit: I mean I can see why TeamBacon doesn't like that. Sorry, too many posts, I forgot who was saying what.

Edited by PoliteRaider

Doesn't mean I have to like it. I have the right to dislike really bad ideas on an internet message board if I so choose.

Fair enough, not going to argue over it.. your opinion is fine with me, I just meant the way you presented it. But either way, not worth causing a fuss over :) I am sorry you are not looking forward to it, though.

The disabled auto save does not add anything to the game to be more challenging. It simply means every time i clear a encampment or structure I need to nap amongst the bodies before moving on. That would quickly wear off and get tedious at best.

Beyond all that the damage system is fairly dumbed down in the game, and I am more concerned with the likelihood that you will not be able to implement ammo types in the game as in NV, as ammo is not an equip slot. This means that making player crafted ammo limits it to one type per weapon, so I can't give you decreased range and damage for home pressed rounds, increased for when you learn to pack more powder in, custom slug types like hollow points, capped, and rounded, and so on.

This is going to limit the options more so than any save system.

Beyond all that the damage system is fairly dumbed down in the game, and I am more concerned with the likelihood that you will not be able to implement ammo types in the game as in NV, as ammo is not an equip slot. This means that making player crafted ammo limits it to one type per weapon, so I can't give you decreased range and damage for home pressed rounds, increased for when you learn to pack more powder in, custom slug types like hollow points, capped, and rounded, and so on.

A mod like that is already made, and you can change them on the fly http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9057/? why did you think you can't mod in something like it?

I don't know why everyone is fussing about FNV ammo, monster hunter guns and ammo were better. From armor pricing, explode delay that causes KO, to multi hit, to different elemental and to Status Shots.

A mod like that is already made, and you can change them on the fly http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9057/? why did you think you can't mod in something like it?

I don't know why everyone is fussing about FNV ammo, monster hunter guns and ammo were better. From armor pricing, explode delay that causes KO, to multi hit, to different elemental and to Status Shots.

Nice!

=^[.]^=