Everyone enjoying the new DLC?

tomomi1922

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cured my problem finally! How? By uninstalling the game completely, and reinstalling it.

I think that's what the Verify game cache function that others have been telling you about is supposed to do. But reinstall works too, just take longer.

I posted it in another thread, but I actually DID contact someone at Bethesda about the Keyword limit. He as a person didn't know any specific details, but suggested that it would likely be something they would address around the time of the GECK. He also stated that he would pass the message along about the issue, in case they were unaware of it.

*shrug*

Time will tell. I can't really see them not doing something with it, since it will limit DLC AND Mods, and make all this time spent on the GECK a waste of time.

Personally I like Automatron a lot.

1. The robots can be incredibly tough, and good at taking anything down. Right off the bat for example you can give Codsworth buzzsaws on all 3 arms, then give him ANOTHER two arms with automatic lasers or whatnot, and watch him take on a sentrybot or assaultron and just win by himself. Or even better, gatling lasers, if you get the mod that stops them from breaking all the time.

2. Unlike just giving heavier weapons to normal companions, robots have infinite ammo for whatever weapons you can put on them.

3. Robots can be upgraded to carry A LOT of weight. Granted, this is only useful if you didn't use the container exploit that made companions have infinite carry weight anyway. But if you want to play super-honest, you can upgrade them to carry as more loot than a pack Brahmin.

4. And they don't start using whatever you gave them to carry, either. If you want Codsworth or Ada to carry that fatman you found, they won't start picking up ammo for it and nuking the place.

5. Robots don't need beds, water or food, so go nuts and build however many you want.

6. Robots make incredibly good provisioners, especially if you don't want to build extra beds and whatnot to use settlers as provisioners. And you don't even need to wait to move them around. Just build a new turbosquid... err... the floating 5-tentacled abomination I described above, take it as a companion, fast-travel to whatever settlement, dismiss it there, assign it to provisioner duty.

Don't get me wrong, I used to love building up settlements, but it kinda got old after 500+ hours.

Personally I like Automatron a lot.

1. The robots can be incredibly tough, and good at taking anything down. Right off the bat for example you can give Codsworth buzzsaws on all 3 arms, then give him ANOTHER two arms with automatic lasers or whatnot, and watch him take on a sentrybot or assaultron and just win by himself. Or even better, gatling lasers, if you get the mod that stops them from breaking all the time.

2. Unlike just giving heavier weapons to normal companions, robots have infinite ammo for whatever weapons you can put on them.

3. Robots can be upgraded to carry A LOT of weight. Granted, this is only useful if you didn't use the container exploit that made companions have infinite carry weight anyway. But if you want to play super-honest, you can upgrade them to carry as more loot than a pack Brahmin.

4. And they don't start using whatever you gave them to carry, either. If you want Codsworth or Ada to carry that fatman you found, they won't start picking up ammo for it and nuking the place.

5. Robots don't need beds, water or food, so go nuts and build however many you want.

6. Robots make incredibly good provisioners, especially if you don't want to build extra beds and whatnot to use settlers as provisioners. And you don't even need to wait to move them around. Just build a new turbosquid... err... the floating 5-tentacled abomination I described above, take it as a companion, fast-travel to whatever settlement, dismiss it there, assign it to provisioner duty.

Don't get me wrong, I used to love building up settlements, but it kinda got old after 500+ hours.

They also have no moral, and have so many themes to fit so many play styles.

When the geck drops, I hope a modder as a trader that sells some, so low int RPs can have make use of those too.

After we finish with the Mechanist (rather short quest), then what left of this DLC is the automatron customization and 2 sets of armors (and 5 more weapons, not very appealing). Is this DLC worth it?

Personally I did finish the quest but had to go back to previous save because the location is a crash fest even just coming near. So I am yet to finished. My biggest love for this DLC so far is the helmet that can open and close with animation. The bots aren't too appealing to me either. Maybe more mods will come with better armors/looks for them.

Has anyone downloaded and played with the DLC who particularly has a HUGE load order of mods? I'm....playing with a HUGE load order and I feel like the DLC will break my game XDDDDDDDDDDDD.....

Has anyone downloaded and played with the DLC who particularly has a HUGE load order of mods? I'm....playing with a HUGE load order and I feel like the DLC will break my game XDDDDDDDDDDDD.....

Yep, loading is forever. But that's about it

Unrelated to the Mechanist...but I explored the Constitution for the first time...and I really think it is fun with all the robots running it. But I am only level 3, so when taking out the settlers, I got my @$$ kicked by the boss. Tomorrow, I will have to try it again!