Everyone enjoying the new DLC?

tomomi1922

But fixes don't come with a dlc, and you can't get that much story worth from a 10$ dlc that was meant to add robot crafting and new weapons and armor.

If this was far harbor, I would join the hating, but this dlc is not a quest foucsed one.

And wanting PC controls in a beth FO4 is kind of not happing, beth PC ports is not a true dedicated PC port, and the game would need code rewriting. And reworking ai need tempering with hard code. Delaying a game to make a true PC port is something I want, but doesn't seem like beth style at all.

And story worth the cash you spent? On a beth game? A beth game? Really? You spent your cash on a bath game for writing and story? If you like their style, I understand, but there is cheaper for lighting years better.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started a new game with Automatron in my load list. After I get to the lift in the vault, the gate opens, the voice does its talking, and the meassages come up okay. But after I say to continue with the game, the lift refuses to budge. I am trapped...WTF?

EDIT...also, the gate refuses to come back down.

Which part of the quest again?

I also found out that, if I finish the whole quest line of the DLC, with my current mod setup, the game CTD every time I walk near the Mechanist lair again. Which is right outside BOS airbase. So now I cannot finish the quest of that area will become inaccessible to me. No way around it so far.

But fixes don't come with a dlc, and you can't get that much story worth from a 10$ dlc that was meant to add robot crafting and new weapons and armor.

If this was far harbor, I would join the hating, but this dlc is not a quest foucsed one.

And wanting PC controls in a beth FO4 is kind of not happing, beth PC ports is not a true dedicated PC port, and the game would need code rewriting. And reworking ai need tempering with hard code. Delaying a game to make a true PC port is something I want, but doesn't seem like beth style at all.

And story worth the cash you spent? On a beth game? A beth game? Really? You spent your cash on a bath game for writing and story? If you like their style, I understand, but there is cheaper for lighting years better.

Agree it won't have to be earth shattering. But I feel like, the quest can be a bit more in-depth, because, I am sure modders can create even longer and more interesting quests than this DLC can offer (once GECK comes out). The bot is interesting (with customization) but they still force you to replace your companion, instead of adding on. 2 good things about the bots: you can build them in settlement that automatically adding to the settlement defense (like an extra gun) but not taking up a population count nor eating up food nor bed space.

The customization is still limited, but I think some modders can make some wonder work with these. The new armor is promising (head can animation open and close, however, no weave slot for it?). Although the stat leaves a lot to be desired. But that's something a little mod can easily fix.

Agree it won't have to be earth shattering. But I feel like, the quest can be a bit more in-depth, because, I am sure modders can create even longer and more interesting quests than this DLC can offer (once GECK comes out).

This I agree with, but I would take the best 5 quests in the game and expect something of the same level when it comes to the same writers.

The bot is interesting (with customization) but they still force you to replace your companion, instead of adding on

They are kind of OP.

The customization is still limited, but I think some modders can make some wonder work with these. The new armor is promising (head can animation open and close, however, no weave slot for it?). Although the stat leaves a lot to be desired. But that's something a little mod can easily fix.

The gear themselves are meant for mid levels.

Far promised higher end gear, so it may be what you looking for.

I will say though, I had a slight hope they would fix the keyword issue with this DLC, since they started adding new keywords themselves.. I half hoped they would add enough that they hit the cap and went, oh crap, we should fix that... but no luck yet lol. However, with the next DLC adding to the workshop, and then Far Harbor, and the GECK, I think they will have to address it very very soon. Or they will handicap themselves for any future DLC honestly (Unless they worked around it without fixing it, but seems more likely just to fix it.)

Plus, they would make the GECK kinda a mute point since modders would be so hindered.

I will say though, I had a slight hope they would fix the keyword issue with this DLC,

What keyword issue?

The issue where we cannot add too many keywords or the crafting/workshop menus break.