Nakedness in Skyrim

draconix

593 members have voted

1. 1. Nudity?

• Yay
    • Nay

I say no. It's silly, actually. I tried a nudity mod once. First time I saw a nude berzerker in Solstheim, I thought, "You know, it's REALLY cold out here. He must be REALLY well-endowed!"

A question for you:

While you might not wish to have nudity, would you actually have an objection to there being an OPTION for it for those who want it in the game? Frankly, I can see no reason why there can't be optional nudity. By default it could be toggled off, but those who want it can just turn it on. (So to speak :whistling: )

I think if people don't like nudity, fine. You don't have to use it. But (not speaking specifically about you) I don't see why the rest of us can't have it. This is a case where everyone can have what they want.

It doesn't have to be a matter of forcing one or the other choice down our throats.

Unfortunately, as is so often the case, the conservative and prudish types (again, not speaking specifically about you) only want things their way instead of letting there be a choice.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say no. It's silly, actually. I tried a nudity mod once. First time I saw a nude berzerker in Solstheim, I thought, "You know, it's REALLY cold out here. He must be REALLY well-endowed!"

A question for you:

While you might not wish to have nudity, would you actually have an objection to there being an OPTION for it for those who want it in the game? Frankly, I can see no reason why there can't be optional nudity. By default it could be toggled off, but those who want it can just turn it on. (So to speak :whistling: )

I think if people don't like nudity, fine. You don't have to use it. But (not speaking specifically about you) I don't see why the rest of us can't have it. This is a case where everyone can have what they want.

It doesn't have to be a matter of forcing one or the other choice down our throats.

Unfortunately, as is so often the case, the conservative and prudish types (again, not speaking specifically about you) only want things their way instead of letting there be a choice.

I actually do have an objection to it, it will make the game AO, whcih means it'll be banned from steam and all gamestops/eb games

A question for you:

So then why want it in the vanilla game when it can be modded in and apparently better than Bethesda could ever hope to accomplish?

If you have nudity in the vanilla game, whether it's an option or not, it'll be tagged as AO as the poster above me said. But if it's modded in, it stays M, and you get that nudity you crave so badly.

Here in the UK we have age ratings similar to the movie age rating system - 8+, 12+, 15+/16+ and 18+. Having a nude option instantly knocks Skyrim up a category to 18+, which will dent sales, for an incredibly minor benefit to a small number of users. I have no problem with people having nude mods, I have used some myself, but IMO it should stay out of the vanilla game both to keep the rating low, and to prevent the game being banned in some countries. Nudity may well get the game banned or censored in some countries, depending on their individual rules, and it is just not worth the hassle for the developers.

At least Barbie/The Sims style nudity.

It don't have even to be official, just put one file very easy to delete, like Saints Row do.

My problem is, I like nudity in-game, role-play wisely, and most of the mods are more close to ero-play, which is something that I personally don't like in a game.

A question for you:

My point was that I don't care if there there is nudity, I just think it's silly that folks would be romping about the countryside nude. A looted body, now, I can see that as nude, sure. Inside the home, okay, if you're just getting up or going to bed. Fact is, people started wearing clothing because it protected them from the elements, not because they were prudes. It would be completely wrong for ANYONE to be nude in public (in Skyrim). No reason for it whatsoever. That's the silly part - nude mods invariably end up with nude folks in public. That's not realism.

I would have no objections for it to be an option. Just the implementation of it would take some trickery to keep it real.

Edit: P.S.: Just wanted to add that there would be no reason for Skyrim children to be surprised at the sight of nudity. Although in the game, criminals are dressed, more often than not in medieval times, criminals were executed (hung) naked. The clothes were taken as the executioner's profit.

Edited by Susurruss

A question for you:

I actually do have an objection to it, it will make the game AO, whcih means it'll be banned from steam and all gamestops/eb games

I meant a 'moral' objection ^

When it comes to Steam, I'd be happy if any future games in this series DON'T use it. :thumbsup: Can't stand that 3rd party junk.

As for the rating, it seems to me that the games in this series are already intended for an older audience. It's already MA 15+ here in Aus. AO would just knock it up to 18. Given all the outlets where you can buy games, too bad if a few prudish stores don't carry it.

When it comes to Steam, I'd be happy if any future games in this series DON'T use it. :thumbsup: Can't stand that 3rd party junk.

As for the rating, it seems to me that the games in this series are already intended for an older audience. It's already MA 15+ here in Aus. AO would just knock it up to 18. Given all the outlets where you can buy games, too bad if a few prudish stores don't carry it.

I agree about Steam for sure. I am for letting the modders handle the nudity rather than it being in by default, but being (a) an awkward old bat and (b) a liberal European who is baffled by the problems that some people have with the naked body (that we all have, and that even a certain spiritual figure has painted all over his ceiling, mind you done by no less an artist than Michelangelo), I on principle install a nude mod as soon as I see one I like. I cannot for the life of me understand why the level of violence and gore in Skyrim is apparently OK for a slightly younger audience, but bewbs and dangly things aren't.

And no, my comely little Breton toon does NOT wander round nekkid, she tends to use appropriate stock armors as the weather dictates, and will inevitably be found in covered up Elven gear, or fur, when in the really chilly, snowy regions, something lighter in the warmer lowland areas. That's part of the roleplaying to me.

I certainly would not wish to use a mod that, say, made all NPC's nude, that is kind of immersion breaking.