Top 5 Missed opportunities of the Commonwealth

Fatalmasterpiece

I think the biggest opportunity they missed was having the lone wanderer BE a synth the entire time and just not realize it. That would've been the best twist they could've played, but I guess they left that to Danse.

That will break more RPs that being in a family imo, it even worse since many players don't think they are humans in the first place, but simply robots. And it also ruins the intended grey outcome since you now know they can be humans no doubt, so moral conflicts are pretty much all gone.

I think the biggest opportunity they missed was having the lone wanderer BE a synth the entire time and just not realize it. That would've been the best twist they could've played, but I guess they left that to Danse.

I love this idea, it forces the player to question what makes a character "human". Since the player character is already locked into being from Sanctuary, the parent of Shaun, sole survivor etc etc it's not too much of a stretch to say they were a synth all along. It also breaks the 4th wall a bit since the player character is a construct of you, the player after all.

It would also explain why Shaun never bothered to help rescue you from Vault 111 for all those years, why he never checked up on you or offered aid while the wasteland tried it's best to kill you. The player character is a synth "backup" of genetic material from Shaun's DNA, left in storage in Vault 111 in case the Institute was damaged and was never intended to wake up and find him. Maybe Shaun actually created you and all his efforts for the third gen synths were to create the family that he never had...

After the Institute is destroyed and the real Shaun dies, he finally has his wish for a family by leaving you with the synth child Shaun.

I love this idea, it forces the player to question what makes a character "human". Since the player character is already locked into being from Sanctuary, the parent of Shaun, sole survivor etc etc it's not too much of a stretch to say they were a synth all along. It also breaks the 4th wall a bit since the player character is a construct of you, the player after all.

It would also explain why Shaun never bothered to help rescue you from Vault 111 for all those years, why he never checked up on you or offered aid while the wasteland tried it's best to kill you. Maybe Shaun actually created you and all his efforts for the third gen synths were to create the family that he never had...

After the Institute is destroyed and the real Shaun dies, he finally has his wish by leaving you with the synth child Shaun.

You're already a machine and most people play it like that. A killing machine of course, as per Beth directions. Unless you like building, in which case you seem to be a tireless god-like machine which can create stuff out of thin air in a matter of seconds.

It would also explain why Shaun never bothered to help rescue you from Vault 111 for all those years, why he never checked up on you or offered aid while the wasteland tried it's best to kill you. The player character is a synth "backup" of genetic material from Shaun's DNA, left in storage in Vault 111 in case the Institute was damaged and was never intended to wake up and find him. Maybe Shaun actually created you and all his efforts for the third gen synths were to create the family that he never had...

But he said that he wanted you to follow his footsteps after he dies, and he wanted to know if you were able to not helping you to find him.

Edited by Boombro

You're already a machine and most people play it like that. A killing machine of course, as per Beth directions. Unless you like building, in which case you seem to be a tireless god-like machine which can create stuff out of thin air in a matter of seconds.

Right! So what if as Shaun is dieing he tells you that you're a synth and his real parents died long ago but he never had the heart to tell you because you believed you were his parent. It would have made for an amazing ending x_x

Right! So what if as Shaun is dieing he tells you that you're a synth and his real parents died long ago but he never had the heart to tell you because you believed you were his parent. It would have made for an amazing ending

That is worse writing then beth even.

Yeah, I couldn't understand why everyone instantly attacks you when you walk into the Combat Zone.

And why the hell do Gunners instantly attack everyone? Aren't they mercenaries and not mindless psychopaths who kill everyone?

At least in previous games there was karma and those people were sent out to kill you.