Survival mode disable mods?

birgirfg

At this point, treating their moderator posts as fiction until proven otherwise.

edit: The funny thing is, it'd not have been a big deal if they flat out just stated what they were doing.

Honestly my interpretation is that they have rescripted some of the game to function with Survival mode in 1.5 and it breaks how we currently run mods. However it will be possible to run mods later once a functioning work around is planned. This does not seem to be a design intention by Bethesda but a side effect.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, treating their moderator posts as fiction until proven otherwise.

edit: The funny thing is, it'd not have been a big deal if they flat out just stated what they were doing.

The lack of communication is the true issue here.

Everyone should get that this is a beta and that, as such, Bethesda would rather have you play the vanilla game for testing purposes. Had they simply come out and said this outright instead of these half-truths I am certain the community would be reacting in a much better way. Being lied to never makes anyone particularly happy.

You can't really be angry at them for wanting to beta test their newest and, so far, biggest change to the game within the most test friendly environment they can get. Being told this half truth that mods "work" is quite frankly rubbing me the wrong way though.

Edited by deathangel801

This thread is still going, and still has people argueing that they have a reason to be mad about mods being disabled for a BETA test? Jeez. I sometimes don't get people... please do us and Bethesda a favor and opt out of the beta if you want to use mods. The rest of us want Bethesda to get honest feedback on the BETA itself, not whether a bunch of mods break it...

Almost everyone seems to be missing the true reality here; plugin-based mods have been disabled since the first patch. At launch, that functionality was simply hidden in the vanilla launcher. Ever since the first update, we've had to go around the launcher to use such mods - this fits the definition of 'disabled'. The new beta merely stiffens the enforcement via the executable itself. All arguments about the necessity of disabling mods for the purposes of beta feedback etc.etc etc. blahblahblah are nonsense, because disabling plugin-based mods made before Bethesda releases their CK has been their intent all along.

The worst part is Bethesda representatives (jurassica and gstaff) have both stated that mods aren't disabled, when the game itself has been disabling them right along (except for straight replacers).

Simply put, Bethesda isn't being straight with us on the subject of mods.

The .esm we are all basing our mods off of.. its different now, I don't even know if our mods are compatible with it anymore.. They run ingame cause obviously they weren't broken beforehand, but idk, looking at a copy of the Fallout4.esm compared to the new .esm, its pretty different.

Honestly my interpretation is that they have rescripted some of the game to function with Survival mode in 1.5 and it breaks how we currently run mods. However it will be possible to run mods later once a functioning work around is planned. This does not seem to be a design intention by Bethesda but a side effect.

If that were anywhere close to true, then the DLC wouldn't run either. There is absolutely no difference in file structure between mods and DLC.

Almost everyone seems to be missing the true reality here; plugin-based mods have been disabled since the first patch. At launch, that functionality was simply hidden in the vanilla launcher. Ever since the first update, we've had to go around the launcher to use such mods - this fits the definition of 'disabled'. The new beta merely stiffens the enforcement via the executable itself. All arguments about the necessity of disabling mods for the purposes of beta feedback etc.etc etc. blahblahblah are nonsense, because disabling plugin-based mods made before Bethesda releases their CK has been their intent all along.

The worst part is Bethesda representatives (jurassica and gstaff) have both stated that mods aren't disabled, when the game itself has been disabling them right along (except for straight replacers).

Simply put, Bethesda isn't being straight with us on the subject of mods.

I guess I hadn't considered the fact that in order to make plugins even run, you have to do some .ini tweaking.

I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure Bethesda has some sort of agenda here that involves forcing Bethesda.net on us and making plugin managers like NMM useless.