People who played the beta survival overhaul, how was it? Is the new save mechanics satisfying or is it too frustrating? did you like that feature?

Bavarianberry

It's not click food to avoid game over. It's click food to avoid penalties to VATS. Also, as far as I can tell, you don't just die when you haven't eaten in a few days, you just start to lose health in increments every minute or so.

And it's far from micro-management. As someone that's played micro-management games, Survival Mode certainly ain't one. Food, water and sleep are the only things you really have to manage.

And just to add, the one thing I will say about the way saving works is it's forced me to turn my Laser Musket into a five-crank precision sniper rifle and to hang back more. I also now tend to observe the enemy and gauge numbers, enemy types and positions before I engage. I actively avoid anything with the Legendary tag, unless it's a Radroach.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank all of you for answering guys. So much information. I'm still not playing. just waiting a little bit more I guess.

what some said about playing it and getting a little tired of the difficulty level + new saving system was very interesting because that was exactly what I felt would happen to some. It was also interesting to see so many loving it.

Thanks a lot for all the comments.

I've always loved the eat/drink/sleep mechanics in games like this. I wish it was in the base game. But I don't like the "this this this and this is disabled too" junk. I just want the eat/drink/sleep/diseases thing without the rest of it. I'd rather go back to the 1.4 survival mode with the eat/drink/sleep/diseases stuff added on top of it. Really disabling stuff like enemies on the compass, saving, and the console is just stupid. Saving when sleeping should have been in the game all along, but not as the ONLY way to save.