GECK FOR FALLOUT 4

atm1089

Once or if the geck is released, will we see a huge influx of mods? i was expecting this game to have a rich and well versed mod community as well as a number of mods to be released, however that is not the case. someone told me that once the geck is released, mods will get better and there will be more. when will this geck come out?

Edited by atm1089

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallout 4 has a richer and more vibrant modding community than Skyrim pre-Creation Kit.

Modding without the Creation Kit feels like the Wild West to me...

There will probably be a lot of real simple stuff right after the release of the Creation Kit, and a steady flow of house mods and stuff. I wouldn't expect the real big overhauls and quest mods right away, as those take a good amount of time to make using the Creation Kit.

it's not geck anymore stop calling it that. geck was in fallout 3.

I hope they call it something other than the Construction Kit. It gets very confusing when editors have the same name because each of them has their own issues and are not identical to one another. There's precedent for a different name between the TES and Fallout editors. Obivion, FO3 and New Vegas were all built on the same engine but the editors had different names: Construction Set for Oblivion and the Geck for the Fallout games.

Once or if the geck is released, will we see a huge influx of mods?

Who knows. I suspect many of the people modding now are doing so because what they do doesn't require the editor. Those modders won't create something substantially different from what they have already done. Some will expand their offerings and use the editor to do other stuff. However, there are many modders who need the editor to do what they want (big quest mods, companions, etc) and they've left FO4 to play other games while we wait. I will not be surprised if we've lost some of them permanently.