GECK FOR FALLOUT 4

atm1089

I'm betting it will still be called the GECK. G.E.C.K is a big part of Fallout lore and goes back to FO1/2. It stand for "Garden of Eden Creation KIT" A tool to build worlds in Fallout.

Hines is still referring to it as the GECK, I don't know makes people think they'll change the name https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/706596707216314377?lang=en

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest IF is we can have more than four lines of dialogue or not though.

Quite irrelevant IMO. The game works with 4 lines, there could be more, but it's not strictly necessary for most mods.

I'm hoping for the not, but maybe I'm just a dreamer.

If there was more, you can still work with 4 or less. You are not forced to have 5-10.

uite irrelevant IMO. The game works with 4 lines, there could be more, but it's not strictly necessary for most mods.

Yup, but some old writers are not adopting as easily as others.

The 4 lines of dailogue, while I am fine with having more as everyone already discussed to death.. is not the biggest / most important aspect. The Havok related issues are a top priority due to limitations on custom collisions for custom .nifs, which will continue to really hurt mods (While a make-shift patch job collision is doable, it can be incredibly time consuming, frustrating, and just not very accurate, either, leading to potential NPC & PC issues.), top it off with not being able to edit / add new animations and it becomes even more of an issue.

Up there along with that is the keyword limit issue, but since Bethesda are going to need more keywords for their own DLC let alone to let mods work, I think that one will be addressed. Or at least I am damn hopeful it will be, otherwise its going to really hurt the community if we are all trying to share 10 free keywords or something, lol.

I think those are the bigger concerns with the GECK, myself.

The 4 lines of dailogue, while I am fine with having more as everyone already discussed to death.. is not the biggest / most important aspect. The Havok related issues are a top priority due to limitations on custom collisions for custom .nifs, which will continue to really hurt mods (While a make-shift patch job collision is doable, it can be incredibly time consuming, frustrating, and just not very accurate, either, leading to potential NPC & PC issues.), top it off with not being able to edit / add new animations and it becomes even more of an issue.

Oh, that seems really bad.

I think those are the bigger concerns with the GECK, myself.

There was some path finding problems back in Skyrim too.

The biggest IF is we can have more than four lines of dialogue or not though.

You don't need to wait for the CK for this information, I can tell you right now from FO4Edit.

There are 4 slots hard-coded in for dialogue options, however you can have more than 4 so long as you use conditions to choose which ones are presented to the character. In other words you can have practically infinite dialogue possibilities, however the player can only ever be presented with 4 at a time.

(Complex scripting/Interface recoding not-withstanding).

The Havok related issues are a top priority due to limitations on custom collisions for custom .nifs, which will continue to really hurt mods (While a make-shift patch job collision is doable, it can be incredibly time consuming, frustrating, and just not very accurate, either, leading to potential NPC & PC issues.), top it off with not being able to edit / add new animations and it becomes even more of an issue.

This.

But as I said earlier, I doubt that any Havok tools would be included. No .nif related tools were present in previous CK's, so I don't think Bethesda will help us with that. I'm I bit annoyed at this point, as I have hundreds of models I need to make for my mod and no proper way to make collisions yet. I hope someone who's more tech-savvy than me will figure it out soon.

What I really hope for the CK is an improved UI, I really would like to see clear dialogue trees, for example.

Edited by mazakala