G.E.C.K, Returning Modders.

countercruel

Hi everyone, i have been wondering a long time whether anyone has had any contact from popular modders?.

I ask this because i would really like to see some returning mods from Skyrim over to Fallout 4(not in the literal sense), I am of course talking about mods such like:

.Alternative Start Mod - Live Another Life - Being able to develop a better character frame and be led into the main quest as an uncle/aunt instead of a family man/lawyer perhaps.

.Vurts Flora Overhaul - A redo of the landscape of Boston, trees/grass/grass types/fauna/flora you name it. Instead of the "can only do so much without G.E.C.K" grass mods that are currently out.

.NPC/Monster overhauls - An example of this could be Immersive Creatures Skyrim and Organized Bandits Skyrim, adding some well needed differences in each creature in the wasteland so that you never know what you might end up fighting. Not over the top, but as an example - Organized Raiders of Boston (adds over #number of different types of bandits to the boston wasteland, each with there own territory and needs). Just like what Bethesda did with the new DLC Automatron Robot Raiders.

.Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch Series - I am hoping the developers are already working/planning this one out.

These are just a few examples, i know a very good weather mod is out already (True Storms) so "thumbs up" from me, but yeah please leave your posts and even suggestions, as i will be keeping up to date with this as best i can :smile:. Thanks everyone.

Edited by countercruel

I ask this because i would really like to see some returning mods from Skyrim over to Fallout 4, and considering it could just be a clear case of porting it over as i have a funny suspicion is could be similar to the Creation Kit back in 2012. I am of course talking about mods such as:

No, no, and no... You can't just 'port' over something like an alternate start, landscape mods, npc overhauls, or patches... Maybe you could port over some of the plants, but everything else on this list would have to be build completely from scratch.

You know it doesn't have to be the same people right? Other people can make the same type of mods.

Alternative Start Mod - Live Another Life for example was not in oblivion, FO3 and FNV, but mods with the same goal existed.

Same goes for tons of mods:

-A mod that add tons of monsters.

-A mod that add tons of gear.

-A mod that overhauls loot and gameplay.

-A better Town/city overhauls

etc etc.

FO4 modding should be it own thing imo.

Edited by Boombro

I was not talking porting over mods in the literal sense, but certain things like mod scripts much like the way all previous games used the .esp and .esm format for mods. Again i should of clarified that, and to the response of it does not have to be those modders, you are very correct. But mods in place before hand, even back to Oblivion, had and gave people some inspirations to do there own thing.

I was not talking porting over mods in the literal sense, but certain things like mod scripts much like the way all previous games used the .esp and .esm format for mods. Again i should of clarified that, and to the response of it does not have to be those modders, you are very correct. But mods in place before hand, even back to Oblivion, had and gave people some inspirations to do there own thing.

So in the same way that Van Gogh is a port of Da Vinci because he also uses paint... That makes no sense at all...

@TeamBacon, So nothing gives you inspiration?. If you were an aspiring artist, and you saw Da Vinci's work and was inspired by the way he used his paints "which there are many ways and many types, much like modding and mods", to make your own creations?, yes i think my statement does make sense, and i am sorry if i have offended you in some manner as even your first post was very uneasy, bad day at the office?.

I was not talking porting over mods in the literal sense, but certain things like mod scripts much like the way all previous games used the .esp and .esm format for mods.

Making new ones it just better, if meshes or textures were made from zero, the modder can reupload.