Skyrim using Steam?

aaroncox

i'm just curious if bethesda will make it manditory to download skyrim via steam. i bought shoguns total war and had to download it through steam. and it turns out i had slow internet and the wait time to download it said 1 year. So i basically wasted 50 bucks on a game i never got to play. Could i sue? The back of the box never said one word about me having to download it through steam to start with, so i don't think they were being very fair to me.

anyways any questions or comments about downloading skyrim via steam?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting it'll at least be on Steam at launch and probably require it, since New Vegas required it.

On the shogun 2 thing: You can sue, you just won't win. It actually does say on the back of the box that it requires Steam and online activation.

Edited by Knightlag

i'm just curious if bethesda will make it manditory to download skyrim via steam. i bought shoguns total war and had to download it through steam. and it turns out i had slow internet and the wait time to download it said 1 year. So i basically wasted 50 bucks on a game i never got to play.

Could i sue? The back of the box never said one word about me having to download it through steam to start with, so i don't think they were being very fair to me.

You can always sue if you want.

Just because you have the right to doesn't mean you'll win. False advertising is against the law though. If it makes no mention of "requires internet connection" then you were mislead. All you'll get is a refund I expect... going back to return the game would probably have gotten your 50$ back in much less expensive, time consuming, and round about way.

Anyway. No I don't think it'll be a steam DL only. Though it is quite possible that it uses Steam Works DRM, which will require a steam account+ internet connection. But if we are lucky we won't and it'll just have a 1 time online authentication + cd check.

I kind of like it, but my internet connection is okay and almost always connected, and bad connections seems to be the root of everyone's problem with it.

What was New Vegas installing from Steam anyways that wasn't on the disk? A patch or something?

If we get a cd copy of skyrim don´t we just need steam to activate the game?Like in new vegas?I bought new vegas activated it and installed the update with no problem.

i hate steam. i got 2 cd's from the retail store of shogun total war. and each and every time it MADE me download it through steam when my internet is crappy. That's the toughest part when your starting at the cd's and your wondering WELL WHAT'S THE FREAKING POINT OF CD'S IF THEY'RE MAKING ME DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE GAME OFF THE INTERNET, WHY DID I EVEN GO TO WALMART TO BUY IT IN THE FIRST PLACE? cheap scam companies say they use to prevent piracy. yes the root of all the people who hate steam is due to poor connections.