How Many Mods Are YOU Running?

Aeradom

The game assigns each new .esm or .esp a hexadecimal reference which limits your total number of plugins to 255 including the main game and DLC. However that's the theoretical limit, the practical limit is a different matter. Every mod you install though will require some ongoing effort to keep it working with the rest of your mods. Because problems can be caused by the combinations of multiple mods the amount of effort required per mod that you run increases geometrically.

I'd say there are two answers.

1) If you enjoy playing a modded game. Install the absolute minimum amount of mods required to give you the changes to your game that you'll find most enjoyable. Try to stick to ones that you'll use in this particular playthrough.

2) If you enjoy modding the game. Install as many mods as you have fun installing just don't be surprised when something breaks.

I've installed well over a hundred mods before with Fallout 4, but that was because the work of getting those mods working together properly was actually fun for me. I spent more time fiddling with mods than I did playing the game. If you don't enjoy the process, then you probably should go for less.

Ha! I'm the same way. I always gotta try new things and I get a sense of accomplishment when everything runs without crashing or missing any features.

Same question I suppose, which are they (the non-texture ones). Reason I ask is, it would seem there's one or two things about the game that you just can't stand and wondering what they are.

I'm actually running zero mods at the moment (except for a few textures) to try out the survival beta. If I could only run one mod, it would be the Full Dialogue Interface just because I like seeing the entire conversation option before selecting it.

Edited by PoliteRaider

2 and some textures

Same question I suppose, which are they (the non-texture ones). Reason I ask is, it would seem there's one or two things about the game that you just can't stand and wondering what they are.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4640/?

and a esp with changes i made myself tats it, sometimes a esp more if i fool around with stuff, lil note i barley play the game, its boring, fooling around with stuff is more fun

the changes involve armor/weapons, some adjustment to placements, that kind of small stuff, just to make it more my liking

Well i was running 220 / 250 mods and even on my system i started too run into problems the game is just not stable enough to run than many mods.

So i cut back the mods too around 195 nice & stable, Then i needed a reinstall of the OS. ( windows 10 cough & splutter )

And now after a two week illness i am staring again currently only running 54 mods but will be increaseing that number over a short period of time.