ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How do I get through this door?

prolovegirl

When you're stealing the Elder Scroll, you make your way to the Hall of Epochs and fire the Arrow of Extraction (or Extradition or something) into the little hole in the statue, then the statue goes up and reveals a staircase going down, and a door at the bottom of the stairs (which leads to the Imperial Guard Quarters). The door is locked, and I don't have a key to get in! Where do I get a key?

Thanks in advance for any help

PLG

console command UNLOCK and select the door hit enter, on a PC access the console commands with a ~ <tilde> or a ` same key left of the 1 key.

this usually works for chest and doors, though not all the time

console command UNLOCK and select the door hit enter, on a PC access the console commands with a ~ <tilde> or a ` same key left of the 1 key.

this usually works for chest and doors, though not all the time

Argh, sorry, I should have mentioned the problem has occurred in my X-box 360 version - no console. I do use the console on my PC version.

A look through the UESP Wiki walkthrough for The Ultimate Heist doesn't mention anything about the door being locked. It does mention fighting the guardians. If I recall correctly they activate once you've gotten close enough to them.

A look through the UESP Wiki walkthrough for The Ultimate Heist doesn't mention anything about the door being locked. It does mention fighting the guardians. If I recall correctly they activate once you've gotten close enough to them.

Unfortunately, they're not activating! As soon as the statue went up, revealing the stairs, I went back to the shops to lighten my burden, because I knew once I went through the door, I wouldn't be able to get back, and I was nearly at maximum carrying capacity.

Maybe that has somehow stopped them from activating.

(Maybe I should have gone back to the shops *before* I fired the Arrow of Extrication.)

PLG

That's certainly a possibility. On my own playthrough I was trying to get one to activate at a time, so I was sneaking up slowly from the side. Of course when one activates so does the other, but my guy prevailed in the end.