Rideable Creatures?

Dokueki

Since vehicles would be near useless (due to debris and bad roads), how about a mod for creatures you can ride? All of which require certain perks to be unlocked?

It'd be quite handy for survival mode and has an added risk of the creature turning you into a snack if you don't take good care of it as well. Acts as secondary storage and a faster running speed.

I don't have access to the Geck and scripting isn't my forte. I've seen people get vehicle mods up and running before on the prior games, this seems a little more simple to implement as it uses default game physics and would just add a 'seat' you can hold onto/ride

I mean... that whole new thing, or you could mess around with the power-armor? because that's already basically a vehicle. I mean, that's what I'd experiment with if I was trying to do that. maybe? I'm prolly talking out of my butt here. I too would like to see horses. but... it seems...unlikely

I mean... that whole new thing, or you could mess around with the power-armor? because that's already basically a vehicle. I mean, that's what I'd experiment with if I was trying to do that. maybe? I'm prolly talking out of my butt here. I too would like to see horses. but... it seems...unlikely

Power Armor fakes it though. The empty frame/armor is a furniture item with an entry and exit animation like chairs, then once you're in they force the armor version of it on you and vanish the furniture version. There's a reason the Wizard didn't want Dorothy to look behind the curtain. Once you see the mundane behind the trick, its no longer magic.

i think horses would be very cool in fallout4.

They could look pretty rough and Wasteland exhausted but just a few randomly in the game. Not herds of them, maybe obtained via console.

Yes, this would mean creating a whole new creature and skeleton and animations etc, but somehow there always seems to be some talented modder who manages the impossible..hehe. ;)

Then the horse could have variations on packs and saddles with varying carry weights as well as maybe weapons in holsters on the saddle visible, kind of like how 'cowboys' stored their rifles in the movies.

Also a horse, much like dogmeat is a kind of emotional attachment. Power armor is just a dead 'tincan'.

I would then love to have 'needs' added to feed that horse, water it and give it rest, and obviously be able to name him/her.

In the Witcher 3 game you can summon the horse as well so maybe a summon system and command menu.

I think being able to slowly wander the commonwealth on your horse with Dogmeat trotting beside you and listening to that awesome radio mod with that deep country voice and soothing blues music etc would give the game a new level of 'wanderer' :).

Your very welcome to rip my comments to shreds as i know i am talking nonsense but its a nice dream, anyways.

A lot of people seem to seem to want horses in FO4.

Also,most (basically 99%) of all horses died,so having a horse would be about as much of a deal as having a car,only difference being that the car is much more useful.Personally,I'd prefer Motorcycles.They wouldn't need as much animating/modelling,and would make a lot more sense,both lore-wise and logic-wise.

• 1 month later...

there is a thing for a mr handy chair in the files not sure if it was ever finished or made usable but that could be a starting point

The mr Handy would probably make the third, maybe fourth silliest horse, ever. (first place of course won by the eyebot.) I'd love it^^