Where were you at 9/11

kvnchrist

I know there are a lot of people who are not from the U.S. but I would be interested in finding out, where you were and what you were doing, when you heard of this event.

I remember it well, because I was had just delivered my load inside the beltway, in Washington D.C. I had pulled around to a street, where the consinee said I could take my break. I'd just stopped the when I heard a knock on my driver's side door. I looked down and there was a guy standing there. I was hestant to open up, since there are so many panhandlers everywhere.

Finally I did and the guy told me that a plane just flew into the World trde center and the Pentagon. I was less than 5 miles fron the pentagon, so I was almost sure I'd have heard something like that. I was first skeptical, but he said, turn on your radio and I did. A terrible day, for a lot of people.

I was at work...... we were watching the coverage of the first plane hitting, and saw on live TV the second impact. We closed down for the day, sent everyone home, or, just sat around watching the news coverage.......

I was in elementary school; gym class I believe. Only the high school students were told what had happened, so I found out when I went home that day.

I was supposed to be at a meeting scheduled for 9am in Tower One on the 50th floor which was canceled the day before, so thankfully I was at home.

I was supposed to be at a meeting scheduled for 9am in Tower One on the 50th floor which was canceled the day before, so thankfully I was at home.

Thank God you were. Isn't it crazy how last minute circumstances can effect the rest of your life.

I was in elementary school - 4th grade, to be specific. We were studying rocks. The principal pulls the teacher aside for a second, the teacher comes back in and yells at us, and then we hear the news.

It's strange how you remember some things far more clearly than others; especially so if that event is a bad one.