Murdoch's News of the World Closes

Aurielius

Got to admire Murdoch's genius, even if he is a raving douche.

He folds NOTW and endorses a full enquiry in to media culture and practise. Should it come to light their competitors used phone hacking tactics they'll have to fold their titles too. News Corp can and will absorb the loss of NOTW without concern while Trinity would die tomorrow if it lost the Mirror. It's backwards to go forwards for News Corp, and this move could flatten the UK competitive landscape all in favour of Mr. Murdoch.

Don't get me wrong, I don't endorse it. But me oh my, how easily our system can be played.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind fox news if all the information was factual, and they admitted to being right wing. I don't like MSNBC much either, they commonly use quotes out of context. The left might hate me for this but its true. Now if both new sources were completely factual, I would have no issue with them being slanted to the left or right.

As for news of the world closing, its not like he needs it. Most of his profit comes from other sources. The last issue is supposed to come out on Monday by the way.

Also did anyone know that Rupert Murdoch's mother is still alive? Shes 102. Not like it matters or anything, just find it interesting.

I wouldn't mind fox news if all the information was factual, and they admitted to being right wing. I don't like MSNBC much either, they commonly use quotes out of context. The left might hate me for this but its true. Now if both new sources were completely factual, I would have no issue with them being slanted to the left or right.

The problem is, what is factual in a world filled with so much hatred towards those they consider on the other side. Heck, I've got into some serous knock down drag out agreements with people who have used links they call credible as we use our noses to breath. Is there too much information out there to make a determination on truth or is truth something we create to justify our leanings.

Liberals or conservatives have already made up their minds. Those in the middle are up for grabs, but they are in the middle for a reason and will take all the time they need to make up their own minds,

Just curious..have you ever read the News of the World? It makes the National Inquirer look like the Washington Post. Give it a quick scan if you can hold down your lunch while reading it.

I know nothing about the publication, but I do know that there are many on the left who are desperate to shut down anything that Repurt Murdock controls. Mostly because they can't stand Fox news. I'm always skeptical of anything that happens to anything that carries his name, when there are so many people who are against him. I'm not a fan of followers of band wagons.

I don't mind that Fox news is out there. I feel it's important to have both sides represented, even if I don't agree with their views.

I'll admit that when I saw 'News of the World' I thought 'they're shutting down that rag that talks about 'Alien Zombies marrying Bigfoot' and Batboy and Jesus being spotted at the mall. Then I realised I was thinking of 'Weekly World News' ;D

I'll admit that when I saw 'News of the World' I thought 'they're shutting down that rag that talks about 'Alien Zombies marrying Bigfoot' and Batboy and Jesus being spotted at the mall. Then I realised I was thinking of 'Weekly World News' ;D

Oh My God, They had those types of stories. Have you ever listened to the radio program call "After Dark"? I did, when I had too late at noght. I drive a truck over the road and sometimes you don't have a choice for background music. I could actually fell my grey matter drip out of my ears listening to that drivel.

Another fun day...

Coulson along with former News of the World royal editor Clive Goodman have been arrested, Goodman had already been jailed for similar offences. A private investigator has also been arrested.

The bid for control of BskyB is likely now to end up with the regulator OFCOM because there are doubts that News International are "fit and proper", £1 Billion was wiped off the value of the company as a result.

Murdochs political influence is vanishing fast as politicians run for cover and now want nothing to do with Murdoch and his organisation.

Millions of emails may have been deleted from News Internationals servers, if true it could land executives of the company in serious trouble.

James Murdoch may face prosecution on both sides on the Atlantic. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) is the U.S and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 in the U.K.

The leader of the opposition who until today was loving all this has now to explain why he employs an ex News International journalist who has a history of breaking into peoples bank accounts. Leading Labour gobshite Sally Bercow tweeted... https://twitter.com/#!/SallyBercow/status/89316180682211328

A group of News of the World journalists have refused to be silenced with pay offs and have promised to tell the BBC and Private Eye the inside story.

He folds NOTW and endorses a full enquiry in to media culture and practise. Should it come to light their competitors used phone hacking tactics they'll have to fold their titles too. News Corp can and will absorb the loss of NOTW without concern while Trinity would die tomorrow if it lost the Mirror. It's backwards to go forwards for News Corp, and this move could flatten the UK competitive landscape all in favour of Mr. Murdoch.

Don't get me wrong, I don't endorse it. But me oh my, how easily our system can be played.

The silence from the Mirror speaks volumes.

Another fun day...

Coulson along with former News of the World royal editor Clive Goodman have been arrested, Goodman had already been jailed for similar offences. A private investigator has also been arrested.

The bid for control of BskyB is likely now to end up with the regulator OFCOM because there are doubts that News International are "fit and proper", £1 Billion was wiped off the value of the company as a result.

Murdochs political influence is vanishing fast as politicians run for cover and now want nothing to do with Murdoch and his organisation.

Millions of emails may have been deleted from News Internationals servers, if true it could land executives of the company in serious trouble.

James Murdoch may face prosecution on both sides on the Atlantic. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) is the U.S and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 in the U.K.

The leader of the opposition who until today was loving all this has now to explain why he employs an ex News International journalist who has a history of breaking into peoples bank accounts. Leading Labour gobshite Sally Bercow tweeted... https://twitter.com/#!/SallyBercow/status/89316180682211328

A group of News of the World journalists have refused to be silenced with pay offs and have promised to tell the BBC and Private Eye the inside story.

The silence from the Mirror speaks volumes.

Get out the RAID. Cockroaches are about.

Sadly the country is run by them, this whole saga underlines what a mess this country is in. Our political class if full of people who put their own interests before those who they are supposed to represent, our media no longer reports the news but instead uses it's position to further the agenda of the owner or in the case of the BBC the middle class left wing loons it employs. Our public servants want to rule rather than serve and the less said about our police the better. I honestly can't think of a solution that doesn't involve piano wire and lampposts. :confused:

Sadly the country is run by them, this whole saga underlines what a mess this country is in. Our political class if full of people who put their own interests before those who they are supposed to represent, our media no longer reports the news but instead uses it's position to further the agenda of the owner or in the case of the BBC the middle class left wing loons it employs. Our public servants want to rule rather than serve and the less said about our police the better. I honestly can't think of a solution that doesn't involve piano wire and lampposts. :confused:

Human wind chimes has entered my mind as a spring cleaning of our government as well. I was hoping there was somewhere in this world that something political worked as it should. For those who should be represented. This is sad, very sad.

A couple of rumours are doing the rounds, a few in the ITN newsroom have spoken of a story soon to break that involves The Sun and bugging by private investigators. This is backed up by Tom Watson MP who has hinted at more to come and the admission by Brooks that things are about to get a lot worse. It's also being claimed that News International had plans to close the News of the World as far back as last year.

One rumour that appears to be fact is that of The Sun publishing on Sunday.

http://whois.domaintools.com/sunonsunday.co.uk

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8369/newsscrews.png