Deception

kvnchrist

You're splitting hairs. Both of those things are potential consequences of politicians/party intentions. And both have potential to take the primary lead when the need arises. I expect it is one or the other, sometimes both and neither on occasion. Circumstance and interpretation of the event. Spin. There are no definites, it almost begs a conspiracy spinster. a right winger, and buddist monk to debate it until the end of time.

And for the last part, bickering, hate, and all the rest, I have doubts that it has anything to do with who runs your country. Just is. You don't support my team, you aren't from around here, you wear a hat, you are different to me etc, and that can be seen as dangerous. And in the topic of politics, someone who holds opposing views and supports an opposition party, is basically the enemy, they are a visible and targetable threat to something you support. For as long as that topic is of conversation- pew pew...

*ducks for cover*

Edited by Ghogiel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*ducks for cover*

I don't know why. You aren't the first person to try to amuse yourself by trying to argue a non issue with me. I just refuse to play the game.

As far as I'm concerned I've given my response. If you wish to continue splitting hairs you will have to do so by yourself. Have a great day.

Shakespeare

Midsummer nights dream III,2

Puck:

"And so far am I glad it so did sort

As this their jangling I esteem a sport. "

Oh and yes a diversion can be used political as well as deception...and has been used before :whistling:

I want to remember but i think i better not tell you because i think there will be a battle about arguments :whistling:

Edited by SilverDNA

Ghofiel.....kvnchrist..you are not going to keep arguing?

Kinda impossible when apparently my argument is invalid.

per·ti·nent

adj \ˈpər-tə-nənt, ˈpərt-nənt\

Definition of PERTINENT

: having a clear decisive relevance to the matter in hand

— per·ti·nent·ly adverb

See pertinent defined for English-language learners »

See pertinent defined for kids »

Examples of PERTINENT

1. <he impressed the jury with his concise, pertinent answers to the attorney's questions>

2. At the dawn of the common-law court system, jurors took their places as residents of the neighborhood where the pertinent events had occurred, who were assumed to possess special knowledge of the facts and, more important, of every witness's credibility. —Hiller B. Zobel, American Heritage, July/August 1995

3. A more pertinent question than “What am I?” is “How can I be who I am and still hack it in America?” —C. Eric Lincoln, Lure and Loathing, 1993

4. But as my moment of fame ticks by, a more pertinent issue persists: What hath CNN wrought in the worlds of communications, of diplomacy, of politics? —Peter Arnett, Washington Post, 25-31 Mar. 1991

5. No recurrent symbolism in the Odyssey is more pertinent than the long and deliberate stripping its hero undergoes: of his ships, of his men, of his hopes, of his clothes, even of his very skin on the cliffs of Corfu. —John Fowles, Island, 1978

6. [+]more[-]hide

Origin of PERTINENT

Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin pertinent-, pertinens, present participle of pertinēre (see pertain)

First Known Use: 14th century

Related to PERTINENT

Synonyms: applicable, apposite, apropos, germane, material, pointed, relative, relevant, to the point

Antonyms: extraneous, immaterial, impertinent, inapplicable, inapposite, irrelative, irrelevant, pointless

Related Words: appropriate, apt, fit, fitting, suitable; important, meaningful, significant; sensible, useful; admissible, allowable

Near Antonyms: frivolous, inconsequential, insignificant, little, minor, negligible, slight, trifling, trivial, unimportant; meaningless, purposeless, senseless, useless; inappropriate, inapt, unsuitable; inadmissible

[+]more[-]hide

See Synonym Discussion at relevant

I don't think I understand what's going here at all.. Is it just me?

Don't worry I don't think that's Pertinent...

Edited by Aurielius

I don't think I understand what's going here at all.. Is it just me?

In a nutshell. Ghogiel has been trying to hijack the original theme of the post by asking questions about how I worded it. He is trying to make a circular argument about something not pertinent to the spirit of the thread. He expected me to jump on him and I won't play his game.