Which Fallout did you prefer? Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

Atalish

I was thinking about getting me an Alienware laptop a while back. I should have. Does anyone know wither FO3 works on windows7. When I had it on Vista I was able to play it, but I lost interest.

I have Windows 7 64 bit on my desktop and 32 bit on my laptop and Fallout 3 works fine on both.

My favorite game is Fallout 3, but New Vegas is also a good game. Fallout 3 handled automatic weapons much better than New Vegas (at least for me), with Broken Steel in Fallout 3 you can continue playing after the main quest, I actually liked how Fallout 3 was more "non-linear", and Three Dog annihilates that noise called "Mr. New Vegas".

I have to say I prefer fonv.

The gameplay is so much better that the world isn't as much of a issue.

I also liked the newer factions and the storyline a bit better.

No one seems to agree with me that the FO3 storyline didn't make sense.

You risk your life to try to purify water in the river, that's fine. But my issue is that you need a GECK for no damn reason. All you would need is a large scale purifier, there is no logical reason to need a GECK.

From my understanding, the only thing a GECK is is a pack full of seeds and some other crap.

I have tried to argue this for the longest time here, but people still defend the storyline of FO3.

Edited by marharth

I was thinking about getting me an Alienware laptop a while back. I should have. Does anyone know wither FO3 works on windows7. When I had it on Vista I was able to play it, but I lost interest.

I have Windows 7 64 bit on my desktop and 32 bit on my laptop and Fallout 3 works fine on both.

My favorite game is Fallout 3, but New Vegas is also a good game. Fallout 3 handled automatic weapons much better than New Vegas (at least for me), with Broken Steel in Fallout 3 you can continue playing after the main quest, I actually liked how Fallout 3 was more "non-linear", and Three Dog annihilates that noise called "Mr. New Vegas".

I think mine is not a duel core and that's where the problem comes from

New Vegas for me. Gameplay was closer to what the original games were. FO3 was just a revamped oblivion...... with the same game mechanics.

Needed the geck in FO3 for the power source to run the giant purifyer.

New Vegas for me. Gameplay was closer to what the original games were. FO3 was just a revamped oblivion...... with the same game mechanics.

Needed the geck in FO3 for the power source to run the giant purifyer.

Why do you need a GECK to power a large purifier? There is so many other ways to power it without a GECK.

The GECK is only supposed to be a survival pack anyways.

The geck was more than just a survival kit, if you played FO2, vault city was built using the geck.....

Its a big survival kit then.

Even if it did have some crazy power, you wouldn't need it to power the purifier.

You could have different means of energy.