Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37060890. #37061240, #37061310, #37061330, #37061370, #37062250, #37063400, #37063635 are all replies on the same post.

SirSalami wrote: http://s32.postimg.org/7isbcw9s5/creation_kit_logo.gif

Mod authors, and those soon to be... the wait is finally over. The Fallout 4 Creation Kit has been released in open beta! This means that everyone can finally get their hands on the software used to create the game. These tools will allow us much greater power and flexibility with which, we can expand the Fallout 4 universe.

There’s mention of mods being available for console players soon as well. I’d say more, but I’m just as excited to get into the mix as you are, so here’s the info:
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-creation-kit/2016/04/26/114

For those of you that have been participating the Fallout 4 Survival beta (not to be confused with the Creation Kit beta), you will need to once again update your Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.19) as the game’s method of managing plugins has changed again behind the scenes. After updating and ensuring your plugins are enabled in the interface, you should be good to go.

If you aren’t using NMM and enabling mods manually, please note that the usage of the plugins.txt file has changed. It’s now located in the game’s install directory (rather than %appdata%). It no longer contains references to core files / dlc plugins. You also no longer need to add an asterisks (*) before the entry for each modded plugin. For instance, a properly enabled plugins.txt file will now look something like this:

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
LongerDeathReloadTime.esp
DarkerNights.esp
DarkerNightsDetection.esp
Campsite.esp
CMPA +150.esp
SOS_SleepOrSave.esp

We’ll be updating the wiki to reflect these changes, accordingly.

It’s important to note that while the Creation Kit supports uploading your work directly to Bethesda.net, which seems to be very heavily geared toward end users and console enabled mods, authors will be in no way restricted from distributing their work elsewhere in the same manner they always have. Your creations will always have a home, here.

So, this is what we’ve all be waiting for folks. Go get the kit and get your hands dirty! Though I have a few ideas of my own, I absolutely cannot wait to see the creations you come up with. It’s like a great vault has been opened, or something. ;)

Good luck, and happy modding!
jet4571 wrote: I would be using it now but the stupid Bethesda.Net launcher refuses to login. Bethesda is very quickly losing all respect I had for the company.
Internetservice wrote: jesus, calm down
Madpleasure wrote: I thought it was just me.. I saw this announcement earlier somewhere else and still haven't been able to log in, lol.
Samurok wrote: it is expected as everyone try to log in to grab the CK ... just be patient ^^
Underprivlidged wrote: I had to try logging in about 5 times and it went through. I actually went to reset my password, it told me I can't use my old password, so tried it again twice and it logged in. Might work for ya, maybe not. I can't get anything to load in the CK, and am not ready to just start fresh (a bit rusty from my NV tinkering), so logging in might not even matter to you.
Akul wrote: Too many people are trying to download the thing (which I'm surprised you did not see coming) and getting a high-class server for one day per two year when it could get overcrowded is a horrible economical decision.
So if it doesn't work, try later. The CK won't run anywhere and chances are that some bug will be hotfixed by then.
ErosLogos wrote: jet,

I like your mods; but you can certainly see this is a matter of overloaded servers?

I for one will wait until the heat dies down. Then I'll download it.

I had the same problem (I was unable to log in using Bethesda's launcher) until I set the launcher to run as administrator. It didn't work when I simply right-clicked and told it there to run as administrator, but when I opened the launcher's properties and changed it there I was finally able to log in and download the creation kit.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37063440.

freakuent wrote: Am I the only one whose mods aren't loading when trying to load a save?
I updated NMM.
I activated / downloaded the beta through steam.
I opened NMM.
I loaded my previous load-order.
I enabled all the plugins.
Now when I try to load a gamesave it gives that message about missing plugins and stuff. Wtf?

It has to do with NMM updating to write the plugins in the root folder of FO4. It was a mistake on Beth's part to put it there so they just updated it a few hrs ago and put it back to App data. So now NMM needs to update again to correct itself lol.

In response to post #37063440. #37063825 is also a reply to the same post.

freakuent wrote: Am I the only one whose mods aren't loading when trying to load a save?
I updated NMM.
I opened NMM.
Now when I try to load a gamesave it gives that message about missing plugins and stuff. Wtf?
Notoriousweenie wrote: It has to do with NMM updating to write the plugins in the root folder of FO4. It was a mistake on Beth's part to put it there so they just updated it a few hrs ago and put it back to App data. So now NMM needs to update again to correct itself lol.

Like a shitty game of phone tag. So...I just have to wait for NMM crew to fix it in NMM?

Experiment in imagination - Picture those sales numbers from last year if Bethesda admitted to the world the Creation Kit wouldn't be available until May of 2016. That was a whole lot of dirty sales tactics to not admit the lifeblood of all Bethesda games - modding - would be stifled for 6 months, twice as long as even New Vegas (which was worth waiting for).

In response to post #37063440. #37063825, #37064090 are all replies on the same post.

I updated NMM.
I opened NMM.
Notoriousweenie wrote: It has to do with NMM updating to write the plugins in the root folder of FO4. It was a mistake on Beth's part to put it there so they just updated it a few hrs ago and put it back to App data. So now NMM needs to update again to correct itself lol.
freakuent wrote: Like a shitty game of phone tag. So...I just have to wait for NMM crew to fix it in NMM?

So... we need to wait for another NMM update besides .061.19? That sucks. I was hoping to play Fallout 4 right now. Bugger all. :p

In response to post #37062065.

Underprivlidged wrote: Anyone else having issues getting the CK to load ESMs or plugins? It keeps hanging anytime I try to open anything.

Same problem load esm = crash :(

Edit Solved
For those who are using another language than english in your game, you need to add a line in your CreationKitCustom.ini or the CreationKit will crash.

Under [General] add

sLanguage=FR

For french for example Edited by Omaster

In response to post #37064095.

jpsimonetti wrote: Experiment in imagination - Picture those sales numbers from last year if Bethesda admitted to the world the Creation Kit wouldn't be available until May of 2016. That was a whole lot of dirty sales tactics to not admit the lifeblood of all Bethesda games - modding - would be stifled for 6 months, twice as long as even New Vegas (which was worth waiting for).

I remember them saying that the CK wouldn't be out till Spring of 2016, and guess what, its spring of 2016. So I say they were pretty on point.

In response to post #37063440. #37063825, #37064090, #37064100 are all replies on the same post.

I updated NMM.
I opened NMM.
freakuent wrote: Like a shitty game of phone tag. So...I just have to wait for NMM crew to fix it in NMM?
Sonicthesneak wrote: So... we need to wait for another NMM update besides .061.19? That sucks. I was hoping to play Fallout 4 right now. Bugger all. :p

Or you could just put the plugins.txt file in your root folder and overright the one in your appdata. Lol.

In response to post #37063440. #37063825, #37064090, #37064100, #37064755 are all replies on the same post.

I updated NMM.
I opened NMM.
Sonicthesneak wrote: So... we need to wait for another NMM update besides .061.19? That sucks. I was hoping to play Fallout 4 right now. Bugger all. :p
Notoriousweenie wrote: Or you could just put the plugins.txt file in your root folder and overright the one in your appdata. Lol.

I still get a CTD when I try this. It goes to the loading screen and then crashes.