Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

UPDATE:

There has been another patch for the Survival Beta that seems to revert some of the changes mentioned above. We're currently looking into it and will update accordingly. It's been a long day for everyone on our development team. Thank you for your patience.

Edited by SirSalami

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

There has been another patch for the Survival Beta that seems to revert some of the changes mentioned above. We're currently looking into it and will update accordingly. It's been a long day for everyone on our development team. Thank you for your patience.

I'm glad I'm not just losing my marbles. Thanks for being on top of it.

UPDATE 2:

The plugins.txt file has indeed been returned to your %appdata% directory as a result of today's second Suvival Beta update (ie, something like c:\users\sirsalami\appdata\local\fallout4). This must have been a temporary oversight by Bethesda. If you aren’t using NMM and enabling mods manually, please note that even though the file has moved back to %appdata%, the other mentioned changes are still valid, such as the new format for the file itself, including the need for asterisks.

Also, the great and tireless DuskDweller has updated NMM to reflect these changes and can be downloaded directly from this url: http://nmm.nexusmods.com/Releases/4.5/Nexus%20Mod%20Manager-0.61.20.exe. Please note that due to some remaining issues we are having during the migration to https, the download will not work from the "install NMM" link at the top of the site. Please use the link above until we can fix this.

So to be clear, if you have the latest Survival Beta Update, you will need the version of NMM linked above. If you are not a participant in the Survival beta, none of these updates should affect you at all.

I've updated the original post to reflect these changes.

In response to post #37068005.

freakuent wrote: Well, I'm still f***ed. Updated NMM to 61.20. Deactivated & reactivated all the plugins. Game won't load a save or start new. Am I going to have to reinstall all my mods?

Okay, it's the beta. I opted out of the beta, reverting back to 1.4.132, and all my mods work fine. So, can someone PLEASE help direct me to the proper procedure for getting the beta to work with my mods? Thanks.