MW2 multiplayer

Halororor

First, and last time. Ever. If MW3 doesn't have any kind of dedicated server support, I won't even take it for free. Hell, I'm already only buying it once it goes on special.

My bad experience with the multiplayer can be blamed entirely on the lack of dedicated servers. I know it's probably been discussed to death already, and I'm flogging a dead horse, but I'm appalled right now. With no dedicated servers comes no form of authority to keep players in line. The chat and voice chat channels are a cesspit of players swearing and raging at each other, simply for the fact that they can't stand losing. The last time I saw something this pathetic was back when I played Counter-Strike. I play games to have fun, I don't want to deal with this bulls*** in my multiplayer games when I'm supposed to be relaxing.

It's a pity, though, as the network latency was excellent and even though the game is slightly arcadish, it doesn't seem half bad. Oh well, back to TF2 for me then. What a waste of $19.99.

Lol, plenty of people could have told you that before you even bought the game. Besides from the fact that MW3 is a re-hashed MW2 on a FAR more different level than New Vegas being called a re-hash of Fallout 3(even though it's no-where near a re-hash, except for the engine); The storyline in MW2 was just bad near the end. And since they already released the entire plot for MW3, I already know what happens, and frankly, the storyline for MW3 is worse than MW2. They've claimed there will be dedicated servers for MW3, but it won't really change anything. It will still be the same people cursing over the voice chat, and the same exact game for the matter. But shoot, IW isn't even making the multiplayer, Raven Software is, and they don't really have a history of making games with amazing multiplayer, so I don't expect much. If you want a good comparison, MW3 is to MW2 what a lot of people think Halo 3: ODST was to Halo 3. Imo, It's not worth the 60 dollar price tag, and is more worth of a 20 dollar expansion. I'm gonna be sticking my money with Battlefield 3 and Skyrim; game series that have actually evolved to be better than what they were before, instead of re-hashing every single aspect of the series.

edit;

Couldn't find the pic I was looking for, but this pretty much sums it up;

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/call+of+duty+ps+im+not+angry+about+the+posts_71f8c3_1833961.jpg

Edited by jhardingame

Lol, plenty of people could have told you that before you even bought the game. Besides from the fact that MW3 is a re-hashed MW2 on a FAR more different level than New Vegas being called a re-hash of Fallout 3(even though it's no-where near a re-hash, except for the engine); The storyline in MW2 was just bad near the end. And since they already released the entire plot for MW3, I already know what happens, and frankly, the storyline for MW3 is worse than MW2. They've claimed there will be dedicated servers for MW3, but it won't really change anything. It will still be the same people cursing over the voice chat, and the same exact game for the matter. But shoot, IW isn't even making the multiplayer, Raven Software is, and they don't really have a history of making games with amazing multiplayer, so I don't expect much. If you want a good comparison, MW3 is to MW2 what a lot of people think Halo 3: ODST was to Halo 3. Imo, It's not worth the 60 dollar price tag, and is more worth of a 20 dollar expansion. I'm gonna be sticking my money with Battlefield 3 and Skyrim; game series that have actually evolved to be better than what they were before, instead of re-hashing every single aspect of the series.

edit;

Couldn't find the pic I was looking for, but this pretty much sums it up;

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/call+of+duty+ps+im+not+angry+about+the+posts_71f8c3_1833961.jpg

heres the plot for MW3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5HLVCflIr8&feature=related

During the release of MW3 there will actually be a great way to get dedicated servers

Step one: Don't buy MW3 ( or should I sayCall of Duty 4.75)

Step two: Buy Battlefield 3 on PC if possible.

Step three: ???

step four: Profit!

During the release of MW3 there will actually be a great way to get dedicated servers

Come to Battlefield 3, We have fighterjets!!

And helicopters. And tanks. And APC's. And FAV's.....

And helicopters. And tanks. And APC's. And FAV's.....

And of course dinosaurs. http://soldiersofchaosgaming.com/images/tim/bf3_trex.gif

Meh, I wouldn't play BF3 much, because I don't really like the slow, deliberate pacing of the game. I don't have free time available in abundance, so I usually play faster paced multiplayer games. I'll stick to TF2, because that's still relatively fast-paced, and our local TF2 community is extremely friendly.

@ub3rman123, I bought myself the holy mackerel last night, just because I can't imagine anything more satisfying than killing someone with a fish. :D