kvnchrist

What is the most powerful motivator in today's world  

14 members have voted

1. 1. t is the most powerful force in today's world

• Religion
    • Family
    • Greed
    • Idealisms

Greed. Everyone is out for themselves, and anyone who denies this is fooling themselves.

It's an unfortunate truism of today's society that we are forced into this mentality, and an failing of humanity that selfihness is allowed to continue that way.

Also this is probably going to get locked.

It won't get locked so long as people behave themselves and abide by the rules of the forums.

I'd open it up a teeny bit, and say "self-interest", whether that is greed, sex, promotion, or whatever.

Other motivators which came to mind but don't appear to be the main one in my area of the world at least are: Survival, Belief/Faith/Religion (lumped together for convenience although they ARE all different), Altruism, and Stability.

It's the discussion of religion that is banned. Hopefully nobody jumps this thread into that. There is no need .

Self interest is too broad a subject. It could be said that anyone of these 4 subjects can be used for self interest.

I would also look closely at idealism. in this world. How many causes are being debated all over the place and aren't our politicians claiming to stand on them. Even if you disagree with the politician part, how many of those who follow lock step behind them are deeply idealistic.

What a cynical group you all are...ideals are the most powerful force in the past and in the present. They have and will push events and people to heights and lows that exceed all the other forces. People are willing to die to oppose some ideals and equally willing to die to defend them.

Voted for greed.

The only thing that can and will corrupt all the other things that are listed in the poll.

I voted for idealism, but only because I am such an idealist, and I never give up hope. I must admit that the first word that popped into my head is a word that is not even on the list, "hatred". I see it everyday, and it scares the heck out of me. And greed is certainly running right along up there. But I am going to stick to my guns and say that the idealists will win out in the long run.