Does anyone still play Oblivion?

Lehcar

If you have to ask "Does anyone still play Oblivion?" then you are only visiting the forums part of Nexus.

There are still some excellent mods being made, and screen shots are being posted.

Skyrim...feh... yeah, it's a nice place to visit, but Oblivion will always be home

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not still paying but will again eventually. Every complete reinstall out of a half a dozen or so since 2007 I add increasingly more mods. But this almost always seems to invite new problems, the last of which seemed to be more of a widespread systematic failure for controlling OBMM -- where there never was before for me. It just started both doing and not stuff, like mailing bad checks and not replacing the smoke alarm battery once it started beeping.

But that said, it's the game that got it all started for me modding and PC gaming, though I tend to mod more than play overall. Honestly, I had no idea the modding scene ever slowed down that much. Maybe a little but not to the extent that I think you think you mean.

Not exactly playing here either, but modding this game I still am, or at least as often as I can steal myself away from work for it. Progress slowed down significantly for a couple years now, but it's still far from stopped.

From my own observations I cannot really confirm a huge ebbing down of activity in the Oblivion mod section so far. The forums activity might be reduced to only a very select few regulars from what I could see, but the number of new mod releases and promising huge projects in the works we're kept posted about speaks for anything but the death of the scene.

And I have to copy Malachi on this, "Oblivion will always be home" to me as well. :happy:

I can definitely second third that "Oblivion will always be home" one. There is something in the game that Skyrim does not have. Morrowind does not have, either. And mod projects are something that can eat lots of time. The plan is to one day play the game again, though, when I have everything I want in the game to be able to start a new playthrough. I have not been around here for too long, I actually joined way after Skyrim was released, so I have no idea if activity has slowed down in the Oblivion section. At least having fewer users post on the forums means that I actually have the time to read all new threads. In case there is something interesting on them. :happy:

Edit: Oblivion was also the game that got me interested in mod thingies. I first used the UOP exe installer, but slowly started to figure out how mods actually do their trick. Before that, I had not touched mods at all, and I mostly played real-time strategy games like the Age of Empires series, Age of Mythology, Rise of Legends, and something with more action like Battlefield 1942 and The Saboteur. Nowadays, The Elder Scrolls eat up the majority of the time I could afford to spend on gaming, and I do not even play much. My to-play list keeps piling up, too. Blood and Wine being released for The Witcher 3 and all that, I bought the season pass along with the base game last year, but I have not even finished The Witcher 2 yet! Gaaaaaaah! Unbearable. :wacko:

Edited by Contrathetix

because there is always members that put effort to write in modder comments tab, in many new or old mods

we modders feel happy just being acknowledged like that, a presence that being accepted or criticized then improving or maybe others feeling

I think that's what keep modders willpower alive, far from retired. that we can still deliver some creation, more updates ... give other peoples hope, something worth be awaited

without some incentive or bribery... its just about sharing passion,

Oblivion nexus community formed like this in very long history

Sure i am.

80% troubleshooting and 20% gaming :tongue:

Switching between Morrowind/Arktwend and Oblivion/Nehrim.

But i'm sure TES VI will be superior to all those hrrm hrrm (Clears my throat)