Xanthys: Custom Voiced Skeletal Pyromancer Follower WiP Thread

PyroToaster

Okay Update time so you know that bone horse thing I was excited to implement? It getting shitcanned. Why? Well I talked to my good buddy an mentor T3nd0 about it. I even gave him the files to see if he can make sense of it. It appears in CK fine and functional. implemented in the game its invisible because that makes sense to the creation kit. So I thought all was a waste. but something really good came from this dilemma! Xanthys is a Pyromancer but at a core hes a Mage! It wouldn't really be impressive if he can only transform into 1 creature all the time to carry his Master! With this Breakthrough thanks to T3nd0! He can now randomly change into these 3 bony creatures at random to when ever he feels like and carry his Master to his/her/its destination! But first I need to get newermind43 permission for his demonic horse!

b6835b892dd39bae803f9805e314cf77.png9d5bf8dccff75da9015931901ab6c4c2.png4639f7c5ddb012b63c0d2631ef826fc6.png

Edited by PyroToaster

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That third mount option is absolutely horrifying. Also, I was wondering if you had thought about implementing some glowing orange eyes for Xanthys, if that's possible? I know the default skeletons have the blue glow.

Yep! once the functionallity of this mod is done its time to retexture it! Xanthys's bones is getting a custom retexture including his eyes and the armor I've shown him wearing will also be recolored to that, fit of a pyromancer! Reds, oranges, and yellows (maybe some black) Unfortunately thats a way down the line but anticipate him standing out among the other skeletons!

Edited by PyroToaster

Now this is interesting could this be a new form?Everytime I think I grow closer to the end I get pulled back from new ideas! I fear the day I have to pack everything into a bsa :0 Also I gained permission for the Demon horse up above! Oh boy! Thanks a lot to newermind43

aeefd8a0add2b634e01c66378c59ea74.gif

Looks awesome so far, looking forward to see the endresult! :smile:

Also thanks a lot for the kind words as well as your contribution to this mod!!

Edited by PyroToaster

Okay so showing you guys dialogue is kind of boring especially if theres no audio yey, I've just been adding dialogue an cleaning up an refining features for a the past few days! But I have a brand new feature to show! It seems like a lot of followers have a storage function for the player that a lot of modded followers utilize and I was wondering, "What could I do to make Xanthy's feature stand out?" just having him turn into a chest was kind of alright but I though it was pretty dull and pointless. But then, then I was looking through vicn's creature pack! And then I remember my friend gg77 (He let me use his some of his well made mount mods definitely check it out he has some very interesting stuff!) he used one of the assets I saw in vicn's resource. Then I knew the best way to implement Xanthys's storage system! Xanthys transforms into a daedric chest! An even if your in the middle of storing something an your being attacked he will claw at the enemies an pounce em untill the fights over. A walking talking tough storage chest!

de6bd00c562ae0be865e2c653b9a23eb.pngdc4984a2fe816ce15235d6996c757da1.png85889f40ad446a45325567d699d205ba.pngd7070687baeba2220c64db7f669f4b59.png

Edited by PyroToaster

Well! That Daedric Chest transformation is a little over-the-top, but I like it anyway! Somehow, it suits his character.

Also, you're really tempting me to make a transformation mechanic for Aurlyn as well, although I'd probably have a harder time with it, since scripting isn't really my forte. Plus, finding light/ ethereal-themed creatures won't be an easy feat, but I'm sure there's one or two out there.